• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Clutch master and slave cylinder

Wannabeyotatech

So I have a 83 or 85 yota the cab says 85 the front core support says 83 so I’m not sure which one it is tbh. Anyways the clutch pedal goes strait to the floor like has no pressure at all. I have bleed it like 5 times from the slave cylinder. Still no pressure in the pedal. So I replaced it with a good slave cylinder out of one of my other Toyota’s still nuthing so I replaced the clutch master cylinder still will not hold pressure at all I’ve pumped it like 300 times while bleeding it and still have nuthing every connection is tight clutch master if full of break fluid no leaks but stil, won’t hold a pressure. Anyone have and ideas on what to do next because I’m lost on this one

69FJ-2.4LTRTDIESEL

100 Posts
Just some thoughts.
1. Have you checked to see if the slave cylinder is moving full travel when you pump? IS fluid leaking anywhere after you pushed the pedal ?
2. Take a clear plastic hose and install on the bleeder, put the hose into a water or soda bottle with 3" of fluid it keeping the end of the hose under the fluid in the bottle, then pump the pedal until you have clear fluid entering the bottle, close the bleeder and remove the hose. Test the slave cylinder for travel.
3. Have you viewed inside the bell housing to see if the pressure plate failed? If the throwout bearing failed.

Wannabeyotatech

Yes the slave cylinder is moving and no it’s not leaking. I will try number 2 in the morning and no I have not looked in side of the bell housing yet but I don’t think that’s the problems only because I can’t get any pressure out of the clutch peace like it feels like it’s just air in the line when I have complete bleed it like 4 times

69FJ-2.4LTRTDIESEL

100 Posts
On #2 just keep the reservoir full . I was thinking if the system works hydraulically you may have a throwout bearing collapse or the pressure plate levers gone bad, The throwout bearing is @ the opposite end of the clutch arm (@ trans) so if the clutch arm is moving the bearing is bad if it won't release from the clutch disc. or you need to adjust if available. Also on #2 if you want hands free use the bottle top with a hole drilled in it which will tightly hold the hose in the bottle and another pin hole to let pressure out.

Last edited:

jimmyjim

when i first bought my 85 toypu i had a problem with the clutch master cylinder leaking fluid right at the fire wall and down between the floor mat where i couldnt see it. had to replace the master cylinder 3 times before i got one that didnt leak.
however yours sounds more like a clutch problem. try pulling the transmission out and examining the throwout bearing, actuator arm, clutch disc and pressure plate.

So I have a 83 or 85 yota the cab says 85 the front core support says 83 so I’m not sure which one it is tbh. Anyways the clutch pedal goes strait to the floor like has no pressure at all. I have bleed it like 5 times from the slave cylinder. Still no pressure in the pedal. So I replaced it with a good slave cylinder out of one of my other Toyota’s still nuthing so I replaced the clutch master cylinder still will not hold pressure at all I’ve pumped it like 300 times while bleeding it and still have nuthing every connection is tight clutch master if full of break fluid no leaks but stil, won’t hold a pressure. Anyone have and ideas on what to do next because I’m lost on this one
most likly its going to be throwout arm rotted off inside the housing or could be the arm popped off the rocker ball inside the housing that was common problem if the truck was driven alot the ball will ware it can be replaced

Related Content You Might Like: