• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Carb to Manifold bolts

schecter

I recently bought a 1987 pickup, base model that has been sitting for 8 years. It had a weber carb. I am putting a rebuilt Aisan back on it. When I took the weber off I found I have no bolts to mount the carb. Anyone know the size bolts I need?
Thanks.

Last edited:

schecter

Thanks.
I hope to get this finished today. Worried about the vacuum lines, there are quite a few of them.

Darrin

Well as long as they're properly fixed and they still have a good quality, it should require less maintenance from your part. What are these vacuum lines used for in your pickup? Heater vents? Brake boosters?

schecter

There are about 8 vacuum connections on the Aisan carb. When the Weber carb was put on most were plugged with screws since there were no corresponding connections on the Weber.

jtanner

How's your pickup? Have you successfully placed the Aisan carb? Mind to share a photo of your pickup now?

schecter

Well, successfully may not be apt quite yet. I did get installed. Just downloaded a diagram of the vacuum line configuration. Still need to figure them out. Too cold and snowy here in Missouri to want to even go in the garage. ( It is approx 100 feet away from the house). I have been driving, seems like the secondaries are not opening, not a lot of power. Checked my mileage..... went from 13 with the Weber to 18.5 with the Aisan.
As soon as weather is better I will take some pics.

jtanner

Well at least you're getting there. :) Wow, seems like you have a big house (or lot). Okay, I'll be looking forward to the pics. Good luck. :)

schecter

Lol. Small house, large lot. Got more snow last night. Company I work at called to say plant closed today because too much snow. Last week I drove my 2 wd toyota to work and only 2 other people showed up out of 17 people cause of snow. Even the guys with 4wd said they couldn't make it.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Snow seem to be one of the obstacle in driving.. unlike other country that didn't have snow climate they the very lucky. :p

Related Content You Might Like: