• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Car & Truck Spring Cleaning Tips

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I think many people are like me, they let their vehicles get dirty and full of junk during the winter months. Now it's time to get them clean.

Truck Spring Cleaning Tips

Now that we're on the verge of spring (although we might have one more major winter event in Texas) we're going to start getting back into regular cleaning and vehicle care again. What's everyone do to get their vehicles cleaned up for spring and summer?

First Get The Big Stuff Out Of the Way

I always first just go through with a garbage sack and throw out all of the big junk that I can find beneath the seats, and also go through with something like a laundry or storage bin and get out all of the clothes, coats, shoes, socks, parts to toys, electrical chargers and whatever else is in there so I can later sort it out.

Then Get The Outside Clean

Then, it's time to take a trip to a full service car wash, and usually you can find a deal for about $20 where you get a wash and a good vacuuming. That's not a detail, but if you wave a fiver for a tip they'll do a good job. :)

Next Prioritize Cleaning Areas and Opportunities

After that it's time to access things to look at by priority. This year we had some damage to an armrest after a trip to the hardware store that I'm going to have to figure out how to get fixed. Plus some type of mystery liquid (hot chocolate?) spilled all over the seats during a drive through Christmas lights show in mid December, now that we've let that sit a good two months (wow, really been that long?) we're going to need to soak it down with a good fabric cleaner and work it out.

Consider Paying To Have It Detailed

I might actually think about paying for a detail, but I'd rather save the $100 and do it myself and know that it's done properly. The last time I paid for a detail service they didn't really do as good of a job as I had paid for and I was disappointed that I had to pay someone and they do the final 20 minutes of work myself, but nevertheless the truck was really clean when I left.

I've actually heard people say that getting a detail done once per year (or when needed) will help improve the value of your vehicle when you go to sell it as you will never get to the point where you have multiple years a caked on grime that may discolor your truck's interior.

Finally, Keep It Clean!

Then, it's just maintenance at this point. I'm trying hard to keep organizational containers stored inside of any vehicle that I drive. That helps a lot with keeping it clean. Plus we have purchased a decent 2 1/2 horsepower wet/dry shop vac that I've got some good attachments for, this allows me to back the vehicle into the driveway and keep it clean as needed, usually once per week.

This is important because in Texas during the summer it's possible to keep your vehicle clean for weeks as you might never drive anywhere near water.

That's it. What's everyone else do to get their vehicles cleaned in the springtime?

TDave

100 Posts
I usually treat myself after a tax refund to detail my vehicle. I have a local guy that owns a car wash that I've had good results with. The kids just tear the thing up during the winter. And like you mentioned earlier, I seem to find about 6 chargers when I go through under the seats to clean all that crap out, and about 6 pages of overdue homework, halloween candy, christmas candy, and valentine's candy.

Related Content You Might Like: