• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Buying a Used Truck - advice needed

Kerry Newman

New to the forum, I am going to buy a truck soon and could use some advice since I know nothing about Toyota Trucks. I live in south Texas, on the Gulf coast. Like to buy a used 4 x 4, Tacoma (or Tundra). I am not going to pull anything really so V6 is OK. Do want a 4 x 4 since I will be on the beach allot and sometimes the weather gets crazy (hurricanes / flooding). I would like to be able to drive it Hwy as well as city. I'm an old guy so I don't need anything super performance, more dependable and low maintenance. I saw a 2008 Tacoma, 4x4, standard trans, 200,000 plus miles, $14K. I have not checked KBB on it yet but should I expect any issues with the 200K miles? Any suggestions, I would like to keep it under $20,000 Thanks

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Tacoma is what made Toyota what it is today. Or let me rephrase that and say the small truck is what made Toyota what it is today. Toyota doesn't make junk. No 4x4 is going to give grate MPGs. The trick is to find one in decent shape with out a bunch of modifications.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Toyota trucks are tough. I'd start by checking for maintenance records - who knows, dealer may have some. Check Carfax for accidents, floods, problems. Test drive in both 2WD and 4WD. I would check all fluid levels for idea of last service. While at it, look for any fluid leaks on engine, transmission, and drivetrain. Good luck on your search and post up when you find yours.

Kerry Newman

Toyota trucks are tough. I'd start by checking for maintenance records - who knows, dealer may have some. Check Carfax for accidents, floods, problems. Test drive in both 2WD and 4WD. I would check all fluid levels for idea of last service. While at it, look for any fluid leaks on engine, transmission, and drivetrain. Good luck on your search and post up when you find yours.
Thanks!

Related Content You Might Like: