• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Buy a new lifted truck from a dealer?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Just getting my first tundra service done and saw this truck. No price listed but they probably want quite a bit. I'll do a quick walkaround video too.

20190116_174022.jpg

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I think lifted trucks look awkward, big gaping area above undersized tires.
Many trucks in my area have to put snow tires on their lifted trucks so the 35" tires come off and 30" regular rubber goes on,,looks neutered. JMHO

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
With 2000 miles, are you sure that the dealer added the lift & other accessories? Only asking cuz if the dealer didn't add all that stuff, Toyota would have a basis for denying warranty claims. Hey, it's what they do.

Also, I think adding a big lift that requires the addition of side steps just defeats the purpose of the lift. Unless--of course--you are just wanting that sky-high look. Personally, I wouldn't add more than a 3 inch lift to a daily driver. Just my opinion....

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
With 2000 miles, are you sure that the dealer added the lift & other accessories? Only asking cuz if the dealer didn't add all that stuff, Toyota would have a basis for denying warranty claims. Hey, it's what they do.

Also, I think adding a big lift that requires the addition of side steps just defeats the purpose of the lift. Unless--of course--you are just wanting that sky-high look. Personally, I wouldn't add more than a 3 inch lift to a daily driver. Just my opinion....
That was my assumption. More and more dealers are doing this to new trucks or to demo trucks to give more incentive to buy a truck with 2k miles on it driven by the sales manager.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I looked at numerous lifted trucks for sale that languished on the market. There is a limited appeal for lifted trucks, even more so when the vehicle is intended for family use. I know women who just loath the "climb" into lifted trucks while trying not to drag all the mud off the truck with their dress. Toyota trucks look just right at factory height. Higher than other makes for sure. However its whatever floats your boat. A boring world if all our vehicles were identical.

Related Content You Might Like: