• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Building a homemade travel trailer (video)

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Not sure why, but I really like the way that this guy thinks and how he went about his project of building a trailer on his own. He said that he didn't have any plans for building a camper trailer, but he clearly had seen them and maybe even owned one in the past and was able to do all of the work in his head to make a functional trailer. Good job.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Good video. I'm in the process of building a 5th wheel camper. So far I have the unit tore down to frame. Working on the frame now - I enjoy it.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Good video. I'm in the process of building a 5th wheel camper. So far I have the unit tore down to frame. Working on the frame now - I enjoy it.
You're building a fifth-wheel? Like as in, yourself? lol. That's got to be a big project. I'd love to see some pics of that.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
You're building a fifth-wheel? Like as in, yourself? lol. That's got to be a big project. I'd love to see some pics of that.
Yes. It is a big project but one that's been in the planning stages for some time. I purchased 1987 Prowler Lynx 5th wheel for cheap for the frame only. I now have the frame stripped down and ready to start from there. I purchased plans from Glen-L and will use them as a construction guide but use my floor plan. Looking forward to this build.
I will be documenting my build on the Glen-L site and my own site. Not much on there now but between the two sites you can see what I am up to.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
12 - 18 months - depending on future work schedules.
I'm still going through your builds notes, very well documented. Very captivating.

Oh, just saw the dates were ending this month. You're at the beginning of the build and you're going to modify the plans to fit your trailer as well.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
.................Oh, just saw the dates were ending this month. You're at the beginning of the build and you're going to modify the plans to fit your trailer as well.
Going to be adding 3 feet to the length - the plans are for 17' but my frame is 20'. Layout change will be to use existing locations of both holding tanks. Not to mention I liked the original RV floor plan.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Going to be adding 3 feet to the length - the plans are for 17' but my frame is 20'. Layout change will be to use existing locations of both holding tanks. Not to mention I liked the original RV floor plan.
Looking forward to seeing how you progress with this build. What do you estimate the weight to be when you're done?

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I would like to be around 4k dry. Will depend upon what materials I end up using.

Related Content You Might Like: