• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Brake suggestion 1984 Truck

pir^2h

I have a 84 truck (22R engine) with a 85 dolphin motor home body and a dually rear end. It has 179,000 miles on it but I have only had it for about 6,000 miles. The front brakes are going to need to be replaced soon. Have not checked the rear yet. The dealer won't tell me anything except to bring it in and pay for an inspection to see what it needs. I prefer to deal with the small guy but the local owned auto parts store says they have no data on this model having duallies. He wasn't even going to speculate on the fronts and was not sure if they required a special brake pad due to the weight of the camper.

Is there anything special about these brakes that the standard run of the mill replacements from someplace like NAPA will not take care of? (Since my local seems reluctant to take care of this for me)

Thanks for any suggestions.

Vic

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Your sure it's a Dolphin? If so then the chassis is a Toyota factory 1t chassis. Parts are more than likely not available from the dealer anymore so bringing it to them could be a waste of time and money.
Try this site, I've found them to be a useful source in the past for 1T parts info:
http://www.toyotamotorhome.org/

pir^2h

It is a Toyota truck with the Dolphin motor home on the bed. Actually, it says Sunrader on the labels but from what I was able to figure out, Sunrader either merged or was bought out by Dolphin after this was made.

Thanks for the link. I will check it out.

Vic

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
It is a Toyota truck with the Dolphin motor home on the bed. Actually, it says Sunrader on the labels but from what I was able to figure out, Sunrader either merged or was bought out by Dolphin after this was made.

Thanks for the link. I will check it out.

Vic

Hi! any updates, Did you get this figured out?

Related Content You Might Like: