• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Blower motor resistor

crealsteel

Hi Gents
A problem here maybe someone electrically inclined can help me.
I replaced my blower fan....was grinding & the bearing was bad as I predicted. For about 2 years I only had low & high speed on my fan operation. So I replaced also the blower resistor. Well I installed it today...now I have speeds low, speed med 2, NO 3, speed high. So I gained speed #2 with the new resistor, but position 3 not working ! So I pulled the new unit thinking it's defective. I re-installed the old OEM resistor & all of a sudden, I have low, med, high !! But still not position #3 on the fan. Same as the new resistor. So by pulling out the old one & re-installing it with the new blower motor, I gained speed # 2 on the fan. What is going on ? The plug that goes into the resistor looks like it is brand new. No oxidation, still shiny brass. The plug going into the fan blower shows signs of being burnt. Would a burnt fan motor plug affect the resistor operation ?
Any thoughts ?
Thanks, D

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Maybe. It does sound like a bad connection. You may want to look into replacing the connectors, or brass connections, and whatever wires look deformed. Solder and heat shrink any new wiring you install.

Domenic

Does anyone know how to test the heater resistor. I priced replacement on line at $150, want to make sure that is the issue before spending the money

Related Content You Might Like: