• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Best Toyota Truck Engines of All-time

Samtucky

100 Posts
I would not compare a V6 to a V4. That is not fair. The reason I say this is because yeah the 4 cylinder is obviously going to be easier to work on. It's got less parts, less cylinders, valves, etc, and it's smaller so it is easier to get your hands in the cramped engine bay a little better. There is no way to compare them.

When it comes to power the 4.7 V8 in the Tundra is one of my favorites. What it comes down to though is performance. Performance has a strong correlation with hp/torque, and related curves of those variables, compared to the weight of the vehicle it is pulling. Overall it offers superior performance since there are less pounds per horsepower.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I agree you cant compare between 4cyl, V6, or V8.
Personally when it comes to Toyota they have more standout engines than embarrasing flops.
Its much easier to point out the less than desireable engines.
3.0v6
and any straight 6 except
1fz, 1jz, 2jz

Most people dont realize Toyota made v10 and v12 engines also.
v10 1LR-GUE
v12 1GZ-FE

971952_648724531830440_1585894688_n.jpg

A friend of mine works for Toyota, today they made him spend his whole afternoon looking at stuff like this. Im pretty sure he hates his job about now.

James

100 Posts
What happened to the V10 and V12 engines? Were they available in the U.S.?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
The v12 engine 1vg-fz was available in 1997. It was manufactured as an over the counter F-1 race engine. It could be purchased through any Toyota dealership. Toyota never published a price for this engine.

The v10 4.8ltr 1lr-gue was also available over the counter. Again an f1 race engine available from 2010-2012. This engine was known to be a bolt in for any v8 equiped factory toyota vehicle. Price out the door was around $15,000 not including stand alone electronics.

Both engines were available with EFI or carburators.
TRDmotorsports also had a secret parts profile for these engines that could get you a TRD supercharger or Blower, again they wouldnt publish price or horse power.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
A well informed little bird tells me the V10 will be making a comeback in the future, lower priced and friendlier for street use.Again its purpose will be as a race engine but the idea behind availability will be along the lines of GM's EROD engine program.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
My understanding is the engine is intended to be an over the counter replacement.
Not available or offered as standard equipment on any vehicle.
As I said the engines will be available like the GM EROD engines, bolt in to certain platforms with stand alone engine management computers.

Samtucky

100 Posts
Too bad that it is not offered as standard equipment. Any chance that Toyota will come out with a V14?

Related Content You Might Like: