• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Best Dashboard Mount For SmartPhones/ GPS

awonderingdawn

TTC Chicks
My boyfriend and I recently purchased a dashboard mount for his Tacoma for our phone- so we could easily use it as a GPS. The one we purchased can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012H5VW34?ref_=cm_cr-mr-title

Here
's a review I wrote for the mount on Amazon. I was honestly really impressed with it. One of the best accessories we've purchased in terms of making traveling more convenient for us.

My boyfriend and I travel quite a bit around Alaska and because it's our first time living in this particular part of AK- we use a GPS a lot. We don't own an actual GPS, we just use the one on our phone. One of the biggest issues about using your phone as a GPS is that you have to hold it in your hand, or constantly be looking down at your lap or cupholder area (or wherever else your phone is laying) to see the directions on the screen. It's not safe, and it's a pain in the butt to drive that way. So, we've decided to use a car mount!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012H5VW34?ref_=cm_cr-mr-titleHereBy Lone Alaskan Gypsy TOP 500 REVIEWER on August 26, 2015My boyfriend and I travel quite a bit around Alaska and because it's our first time living in this particular part of AK- we use a GPS a lot. We don't own an actual GPS, we just use the one on our phone. One of the biggest issues about using your phone as a GPS is that you have to hold it in your hand, or constantly be looking down at your lap or cupholder area (or wherever else your phone is laying) to see the directions on the screen. It's not safe, and it's a pain in the butt to drive that way. So, we've decided to use a car mount!This car mount is fantastic. It suctions onto the dask of the car so it stays in place, and then grips onto the phone with two cushioned clasps. We had two main concerns; was it going to be able to stay in place? And was it going to hold our phone securely without leaving scratches? Welp, we've tried it out and we have the answers! Although this small holder is very light-weight, it does hold securely to our dash. We have a plastic dashboard in our truck, so it holds well to that. We picked a flat place in the center of the dashboard and applied it there. It has easily stayed put there for a while now. With that being said, when we need to remove it- we can easily take it off.The clip that holds the phone in place is adjustable and cushioned. It's made for a touchscreen about the size of an iPhone and is versitle enough to fit a few different models (all listed in the product title). It holds the phone securely in place and doesn't jostle it back and forth over bumps. In fact it stays very sturdy, even while holding the phone. Yet it's gentle enough on the phone not to do any damage- and does not leave any scratches or scuffs. You can easily remove the phone as well, which is convenient. Whenever I (in the passenger seat) need to enter different directions, I can just pull the phone out, enter the directions, and easily put it back in the holder. Not
This car mount is fantastic. It suctions onto the dash of the car so it stays in place, and then grips onto the phone with two cushioned clasps. We had two main concerns; was it going to be able to stay in place? And was it going to hold our phone securely without leaving scratches? Welp, we've tried it out and we have the answers! Although this small holder is very light-weight, it does hold securely to our dash. We have a plastic dashboard in our truck, so it holds well to that. We picked a flat place in the center of the dashboard and applied it there. It has easily stayed put there for a while now. With that being said, when we need to remove it- we can easily take it off.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012H5VW34?ref_=cm_cr-mr-titleHereBy Lone Alaskan Gypsy TOP 500 REVIEWER on August 26, 2015My boyfriend and I travel quite a bit around Alaska and because it's our first time living in this particular part of AK- we use a GPS a lot. We don't own an actual GPS, we just use the one on our phone. One of the biggest issues about using your phone as a GPS is that you have to hold it in your hand, or constantly be looking down at your lap or cupholder area (or wherever else your phone is laying) to see the directions on the screen. It's not safe, and it's a pain in the butt to drive that way. So, we've decided to use a car mount!This car mount is fantastic. It suctions onto the dask of the car so it stays in place, and then grips onto the phone with two cushioned clasps. We had two main concerns; was it going to be able to stay in place? And was it going to hold our phone securely without leaving scratches? Welp, we've tried it out and we have the answers! Although this small holder is very light-weight, it does hold securely to our dash. We have a plastic dashboard in our truck, so it holds well to that. We picked a flat place in the center of the dashboard and applied it there. It has easily stayed put there for a while now. With that being said, when we need to remove it- we can easily take it off.The clip that holds the phone in place is adjustable and cushioned. It's made for a touchscreen about the size of an iPhone and is versitle enough to fit a few different models (all listed in the product title). It holds the phone securely in place and doesn't jostle it back and forth over bumps. In fact it stays very sturdy, even while holding the phone. Yet it's gentle enough on the phone not to do any damage- and does not leave any scratches or scuffs. You can easily remove the phone as well, which is convenient. Whenever I (in the passenger seat) need to enter different directions, I can just pull the phone out, enter the directions, and easily put it back in the holder. Not
The clip that holds the phone in place is adjustable and cushioned. It's made for a touchscreen about the size of an iPhone and is versitle enough to fit a few different models (all listed in the product title). It holds the phone securely in place and doesn't jostle it back and forth over bumps. In fact it stays very sturdy, even while holding the phone. Yet it's gentle enough on the phone not to do any damage- and does not leave any scratches or scuffs. You can easily remove the phone as well, which is convenient. Whenever I (in the passenger seat) need to enter different directions, I can just pull the phone out, enter the directions, and easily put it back in the holder. Not weird levers or notches or anything. Just one easy clip.
The head of the holder is moveable so you can change it around depending on the direction you want it to face. I can move it back from facing me, in the passenger seat, to my boyfriend in the driver seat- which is really convenient and nice.
Overall, so far I'm really impressed with the product. We haven't been using it that long, but for the two trips we have taken with it, it's been worth having it around in convenience. It definitely makes it a lot easier to view our phone as a GPS while we're driving- and has made us a lot safer on our trips. Very durable, holds the phone securely in place, has good mobility, and is overall a handy little product to have around.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I like the clip style - would seem to be fast & easy to mount & dismount the phone.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I had one that I bought at the dollar store and it was $5 and lasted exactly one trip before it broke off. If this one is built to last then maybe I'll look into it.

awonderingdawn

TTC Chicks
I had one that I bought at the dollar store and it was $5 and lasted exactly one trip before it broke off. If this one is built to last then maybe I'll look into it.

Ya the cheaper knock-offs of products like this are never the best. On the other hand, there are a few great ones out there, but they're going to cost a bit more. Like tibedoe mentioned, I like the clip style. It works best for me and is very convenient. This one is pretty sturdy. We've used it quite a bit now and it's still sitting strong on our dash.

Related Content You Might Like: