• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Bed Liners

gene

I will be in the market for a new or used bed liner for my 91 EX pickup soon.

The question is, are they still made, if so how much, or perhaps I can find a nice used one in the Southern Calif area.

Any ideas?

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Bed liners are hard to give away around here. Try craigslist. I think spray on bed lining is more popular now, would not use spray on bed liner myself mainly because if it starts to separate due to poor adhesion it traps moisture and causes rot. I would not want to have to remove spray on bed liner, likely does not sand worth a crap, lacquer thinner may have to be used to dissolve it.
Plastic bed liners offer protection but are very slippery. Anything not anchored down slides. I have a piece of plywood on floor of my bed.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
If the bed itself is not in bad shape, another option could be a Rubber Bed Mat. You can get them for both the bed and tailgate.

gene

Thanks guys for the good suggestions.

I too don't trust spray-on liners, I don't like the possibility of rust.

The previous owner, (my Dad) cut out a piece of plywood and covered it with carpet. Sounds familiar?

Perhaps I will keep the plywood, and replace the carpet, it's starting to look pretty bad.

But, I will keep an eye on Craigslist, you never know what will show up there.

I will be in the market for a new or used bed liner for my 91 EX pickup soon.

The question is, are they still made, if so how much, or perhaps I can find a nice used one in the Southern Calif area.

Any ideas?

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Hi Joe,

The rubber bed mat idea is interesting, tell me more!
Along with what Kenny said, you may want to check out AutoAnything.com They may carry exact fit mats for your vehicle or universal fit mats which may require some cutting or trimming to fit. If you have a Tractor Supply type store check out their 3/4" Thick Rubber Stall Mat. It's 4' x 6' and heavy duty. It can be trimmed to fit your truck bed on a budget. I almost went that way for my Tacoma but I decided to shell some more $$$$ for the Toyota brand. Keep us updated on what you decide.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I am currently hammering out dents in my wheel wells and preparing to paint. A hard plastic liner would have prevented all these dents. Fortunately most of the dents pop right out. From experience as my son had a hard plastic liner installing some anchors in floor of liner is a good idea.

Related Content You Might Like: