• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Bed Box compatibility for a standard single cab 2003 2WD Tacoma

Glenn

Does anyone know whether used bed boxes from 1995 to 2004 would be a direct bolt on for a 2003?

If not, which year boxes would be a direct replacement?

Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

As a follow up, I just found someone selling a bed box and they indicate it will fit a 99 to 04 Tacoma. Can anyone verify this? Also, would the taillights from my 2003 fit correctly into a bed from a 99 to 04?

Thanks

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
What year is the donor truck?

The first generation of this truck ran from 1995 to 2004 and I think they did a slight refreshing of the design in 1998 and then again in 2001. So you are just about 100% safe for 2001-2004, but you can probably safe from 1998-2004.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Tacoma beds are the same from 1995 to 2004 taillights will fit jst make sure you pay attention to the wiring its slightly different.
the exception to the bed rule is Tacoma crew cab beds arent interchangeable with Tacoma standard cab and extra cab beds.
There is a slight difference in how the fuel filler hoses connect/run.
Theres minor issues nothing you shouldnt be able to overcome.

Glenn

I'll keep you posted and take some pics, right now I have a lead on a couple of used units, they are some distance from me so it may be a few weeks before I get to see them. I did a little more research and tbplus should be right, the bed from a 95 to 04 should work.

Glenn

Update

Good news. My Mexican friend took a bunch of photos of the front and rear of the truck and showed them to his body man in Mexico. $550 to do the all the bodywork work and paint what is necessary. All I need to do is provide the parts (used if I can get them or may Rockauto)...any suggestions on where to get cheap parts would be good. There is a U Pull IT junkyard about an hours drive away and their online pricelist looks very reasonable.

Here is a link to the parts list prices for those of you who live near Tucson, Arizona

http://www.upiautoparts.com/prices/tucsonpl.pdf

According to my friend the body man says he can repair and paint the bed, but the tailgate will need to be replaced. I'm surprised that the bed can be fixed, but I'll let this guy give it a try. He's evidently been doing this kind of work for years. So I may not need a replacement bed after all.

I bought the truck for 600 bucks, so I think I'm in it for the right price. I think I can easily get it looking pretty good for $1500-$2000.

thanks for all the help on this list

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I'll keep you posted and take some pics, right now I have a lead on a couple of used units, they are some distance from me so it may be a few weeks before I get to see them. I did a little more research and tbplus should be right, the bed from a 95 to 04 should work.

Nice, thanks for the updates, just keep us inform

Related Content You Might Like: