• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Bad Valve

blonnndeee

TTC Chicks
I have a 1995 Toyota SR5 V6 4x4 (all stock) with 293,000 miles that has a bad valve (sob sob, tear tear). I'm not a mechanic by any means but I really want to keep my truck and fix my girl. Has anyone had any luck or issues with the Jasper engines? I've also been told that even if I replace the engine I may have to replace other parts of the engine that would follow with a hefty price tag. Any thoughts on how to proceed?

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
If its a bad valve, why not do a valve job. Pull the heads, and bring them to an automitive mechine shop. As for Jasper engines, There is a member on a Chevy truck form that I am also on, who bought a Jasper engine. He has had it on for a few months, and is happy with it. As for what else to change, well if there are issues else where, then yes replace whatever need it. You will want to replace.the radiator, carb, and gow is thw trans, but your bigest expense will be the engine.And also you will need to follow the brake in proceedure. This is critical for you cam brake in.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I agree with Kenny, look at a valve job first.
I realize you have high miles, but I think the price of a Jasper Reman engine is gonna be steep.
Mostly because you have the 3.4, its a dependable engine that doesn't break easily and replacements hold a steep price.
Im curious as to the other parts you were told you would have to replace?

Related Content You Might Like: