• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Backup camera and rearview mirror 2011 Tacoma

beardman48

Does anyone know if the wiring in cab for rearview mirror works, and how hard is it the hook up camera 2011 Tacoma.

meanToy

100 Posts
I'm not sure what your question is. Can you say it again?

"if the wiring in the cab for rearview mirror works."

beardman48

Toyota says the wire you pull from the top of cab near rearview mirror is for the temp and direction console, but others in forum say that it controls the rearview mirror seems to be the 011 have a different wires from other models. Just wanted to know if anyone knows for sure.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
It probably works and is live if you have the wiring there. The way that most major manufacturers have setup their wiring on their assembly lines is to just make one or two wiring setups to cut down on the install time and error when choosing what wiring unit to install. Plus, they're pretty cheap to pre-wire. So take a look and see if you have the wires there and then get a volt meter to see if there is any juice coming in.

bebtunes

100 Posts
good suggestion is check with the deal if its under warranty still, or the manual. either one of those should be able to help you out with your question.

beardman48

I have all the wiring but the camera and mirror are hard to come by,the price is over 900 so i hope to find something other way.I had a local installer quote me 750 but his wiring and that is the best way to go here, hope this helps thanks for all the feed back.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I have all the wiring but the camera and mirror are hard to come by,the price is over 900 so i hope to find something other way.I had a local installer quote me 750 but his wiring and that is the best way to go here, hope this helps thanks for all the feed back.
Well, the cost is becuase it's so new. I never thought it would be that pricy though.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

are you going with an OEM backup camera? There are wireless options that are cheaper, but they're not as integrated, which is much better IMHO. I would rather have OEM or similar myself.

MD_Weems

100 Posts
Have you checked to see if there are any good aftermarket cameras out now for the 2011 Tacomas? I'd be willing to bet that by this late in the year, there are some now that aren't going to cost you about a grand.

danstpierre

100 Posts
Of course those back-up cameras were cool. It's 2011 Tacoma, so most probably, it is still new and very much working up to this posting. It's only mid-2012.

LoveTaco

100 Posts
Nowadays I have found in some other online seller that they have wireless backup camera so there will be no difficulties to hook up the camera

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I have seen many new vehicles now equipped with backup camera, but i don't have any idea if they are wireless or wired one

LoveTaco

100 Posts
Hi Everyone you may check out this video for installing back up camera

[video=youtube_share;wl5CEzhHbVk]http://youtu.be/wl5CEzhHbVk[/video]

Tonytsai0429

Looks like its pretty trendy to go with wireless camera. Easy installation

I think youtube has a clip that installing on the Tacoma too!

Thanks for sharing.

Related Content You Might Like: