• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Auto Unlock Reset Help

Rob

Hi All,
I'm a new owner of a gently used 2017 double cab 4x4 SR5 that had belonged to the dealer. I want to get rid of the automatic unlocking function when I put the truck in park. I have read the manual etc. and followed the procedure with no luck yet. Is this, as my dad used to say, a "hold your mouth right" operation or is there a clue missing. o_O TIA and Merry Christmas.
Rob

Nathan

Rob, this is something that can be set on the touchscreen console. You should find an option under Vehicle and there is a place for changing whether the doors unlock with shifting to park or once the driver's door is opened. I hope that helps.

Rob

Nathan, thanks for the reply, the truck is new to me, and I haven't been close to figuring anything out. Best, Rob.

ETA: Just went out and set it. The first time I found the vehicle menu it was grayed out and when I went back again it was accessible. I actually set the unlock function to off so it will be completely manual . Thanks again!
Rob

Last edited:

Nathan

Nathan, thanks for the reply, the truck is new to me, and I haven't been close to figuring anything out. Best, Rob.

ETA: Just went out and set it. The first time I found the vehicle menu it was grayed out and when I went back again it was accessible. I actually set the unlock function to off so it will be completely manual . Thanks again!
Rob
Rob,

I am glad that I was able to help. I have noticed that Toyota (and I am sure other manufacturers do the same) block you (or grey-out options) from changing certain settings when you are not in Park. Even if you are at a stoplight, I think some of these options will be blocked from viewing. I am not saying that is what happened to you, but it may have been the case.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Looks like there are two ways: Doing like you just did or by pressing and holding the drivers door lock switch for 5 seconds:

Page 114 in the OM
■ Setting and canceling the functions:
The automatic door locking and unlocking functions can be set or canceled on the Entune Audio system screen (→P. 595) or by following the procedure below.
1) Vehicles without a smart key system: Close all the doors and turn the engine switch to the “ON” position. (Perform step within 10 seconds.)
2) Vehicles with a smart key system: Close all the doors and turn the engine switch to IGNITION ON mode. (Perform step within 10 seconds.)
Shift the shift lever to P or N, and press and hold the driver's door lock switch ( or ) for approximately 5 seconds and then release.
The shift lever and switch positions corresponding to the desired function to be set are shown as follows.
Use the same procedure to cancel the function.

Some good to know info! ;)

Rob

Yes, it worked very well, I had been trying the "start, shift to N, hold lock button for 5 sec" with out any response from the truck at all. Need to do the same for the wife's 4 Runner, but I think it will respond to the shift > button push process. Thanks again everybody.
Rob

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Great stuff. Was it greyed out because it was not in park perhaps? Glad you got it changed.

Related Content You Might Like: