• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

"Auto tranny issue"

bluzcruzer

85 22r auto.......Won't shift cold. Takes a block or longer to warm up, before shifting correctly. Anyone else run across this? I'm a seasoned Toyota owner and have a 78 I've owned for 25 yrs. (500k). This 85 was given to me, after installing a new head. (sat 3 yrs). I replaced the cam with a 20r hipo, I had on hand, after flattening the new one, running on prime, trying to diagnose a failed fuel pump. 4 Carburetors later....still won't idle right. Several times, this tranny was working perfectly. And still does operate fairly well. Seemingly, the idle circuit plays havoc on the trans., as it has to idle just so to keep from burning clutches. Long story short....4 carbs later and 2 tranny services I have this cold run condition. I've purchased a low fuel pressure guage at the behest of the weber tech and will go into regulating/ jetting if I find I'm exceeding the 3.5 recommended fuel pressure. I've rebuilt the 32/36 and reinstalled, after having modified the linkage to fit a new 38mm weber....all to no avail....poor idling across the board...hence poor tranny performance....the linkage cable is a bit worn and won't adjust to the 1mm...its about 1mm off position at wide open throttle....so here I am with my brand new fpg about to do battle yet again, in search of the illusive proper idle...I'm all to willing to throw jets at it...but the tech suggests one step at a time...so here I go.....anybody with ideas, would be helpful as this is new ground for me...always wanted the auto...but the headache and poor mpg, has dampened that desire. I suspect its all in the timing and idle circuit, of which, I never would have figured in.

Related Content You Might Like: