• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Audio speaker config question

ToyotaMarc

Going to upgrade my audio in my 2012 DC non JBL. I have a question about the speakers before I start buying. The Oem fronts are connected to tweeters in the dash. How can I relace both? I am wondering if I should get a component setup. And if I do, do I need to rewire to utilize the crossover that comes with the new components? Unsure of a crossover in OEM setup an where it is at. I am keeping the HU and amp for now. Amp soom to be replaced with a 5 channel and an underseat sub. Also unsure of harness adapters to buy for adding an amp.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Not sure what DC is, but here is a basic rundown. Your HU is tied into the BCM. Without sub connectors on the stereo, there is no way to add a sub and amp that I know of. As for your speaker setup, a crossover will only let a certain frequency waves pass through. So only high signals on a tweeter, or low signals on a sub, ECT. The real factor to look at, is how many ohms does the HU put out, and this needs to match the amp, and sub. If you try to mix match the ohm rating, you will over heat things, and can blow up things. This is a very common cause of blowing an amp. If you buy your new sub and amp from an automotive audio shop, they should be able to tell you just what you have, and what will match up with your system, as long as they do instaltion work. You can do your own install work, but any decent shop, should be willing to point you in the rite direction.

Last edited:

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I've seen that DC before, is that disc controller or disc changer? Or something to do with the console?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I think it's the 6-disc changer. The JBL 6-disc changer vs non-JBL changer. Is that right?

Related Content You Might Like: