• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Any T100 members here?

GearHead

100 Posts
Would like to know if any members onsite have one. I've heard they are fairly bad-ass, but would like to see a personal review or two from an actual owner. Any pictures?

danstpierre

100 Posts
Used to drive one. It is fairly bad-ass. Too bad it came, just as the US market is in its saddest time. The main reason why T100 trucks didn't sold well because by the time of its release in the market, US dollars is depreciating and the economy is down. Hopefully, Toyota should revive this truck.

altavas

I got a Tacoma. But I do appreciate the looks of Toyota T100s too.. If the reviews and photos are great, I might opt for a trade-in!

boxerboy2143

Hey everyone i see some of you have had a T100 in the past but being only 18 I currently have one! Its a 1997 Toyota T100 3.4 liter V6 2-door black and gray 6-foot bed pickup. It currently has 227,000 miles on it and is running strong. While the gas is a hassle, it is bareable with just regular maintenance and only city driving doesn't do too bad! I have 15 inch American Racing rims on it with some beefy tires and the thicker tire really gives it a mean stance! I also have just replaced the air filter which is supposedly a key component to better gas mileage! Today I put in new Sylvania ultra bright headlight bulbs and bought a 3M headlight restoration kit for $30 and the headlights look BRAND NEW! I also have heard that the Air conditioning system in these wasn't too great... and it really isn't. I recently went to an AutoZone and purchased a trigger can of A/C PRO, which is a refridgerant recharger for any vehicle! also a quick job if you follow the instructions carefully. I now have ICE cold A/C! i Will be posting pictures within the next couple days if theres any request pictures you would like please post them here and I will do my best to get your shot!

john505

Hi, new member here

Hi john here, im a new member and i own a 1997 toyota T-100 SR5 with 140,000 miles on it. Its the second one i'v owned, but had to sell the first to buy a house. I'v had it for little over a year and put 6K into repairs to fix it up. Be glad to here from any T-100 owners on idears to share. So drop me a PM, thanks

Would like to know if any members onsite have one. I've heard they are fairly bad-ass, but would like to see a personal review or two from an actual owner. Any pictures?

Last edited:

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I flip cars for a side business, the T100 has never been a great seller, the few 3.0 propelled models I've had sat for months, I can get rid of a 3.4 motivated model a little easier but truthfully the last few I've had that were low mileage were bought by people planning on pulling the engine to swap into a 3.0 powered 4 runner or truck or to replace a blown 3.4. They just never gained the reputation the rest of the Toyota trucks have.

john505

hey boxerboy

I guess at 18 you didn't have much money to spend on another truck. This is my second T-100 and if you put some money and time into it, you can bring that truck back to life. My truck has 140,000 miles and keep on going. You can buy after market parts to. Last summer i put on a new chrome grill and new headlights. I also did a timing belt, oil and water pump, new cat and muffler. This truck runs real clean, no smoking or oil leaks. I think you'll be fine. I put alot into my truck. recently guy on the street offered me cash for it. I wish i had a truck like this when i was your age.Good luck with it. Drop me a PM if you need more info.

Hey everyone i see some of you have had a T100 in the past but being only 18 I currently have one! Its a 1997 Toyota T100 3.4 liter V6 2-door black and gray 6-foot bed pickup. It currently has 227,000 miles on it and is running strong. While the gas is a hassle, it is bareable with just regular maintenance and only city driving doesn't do too bad! I have 15 inch American Racing rims on it with some beefy tires and the thicker tire really gives it a mean stance! I also have just replaced the air filter which is supposedly a key component to better gas mileage! Today I put in new Sylvania ultra bright headlight bulbs and bought a 3M headlight restoration kit for $30 and the headlights look BRAND NEW! I also have heard that the Air conditioning system in these wasn't too great... and it really isn't. I recently went to an AutoZone and purchased a trigger can of A/C PRO, which is a refridgerant recharger for any vehicle! also a quick job if you follow the instructions carefully. I now have ICE cold A/C! i Will be posting pictures within the next couple days if theres any request pictures you would like please post them here and I will do my best to get your shot!

Last edited:

boxerboy2143

hey man, i bought a light bar from the junk yard off of a 1993 toyota pick up and it fits perfect with 3 light mounts. im gonna install 2 more and lift my truck 3 inches as i heard that is the maximum lift without having to change over driveshafts and gear ratios and extend your steering column. id also love to get a push bar (brush guard) but theyre so damn expensive!!! headlight bulb replacements are also a great idea, as i recently restored mine and replaced the bulbs with the brightest street legal bulbs i could buy! lemme know if you got any good ideas!!!???

boxerboy2143

Truck yeah!

thanks man! i really appreciate the reply. where did you get the new chrome grille??? i asked my local toyota dealer and they wanted $400 for a factory new one. I also want to do a custom exhaust but not sure if i should go full or cat back? and i also want a lift, nothing crazy but i hear 3 inches is good? any advice?

john505

I bought all after market parts for my truck. No lift here! Toyota wants way to much money. I got the grill on ebay from a place in texas. I paid $160 for the chrome grill and it fit fine. Also if you buy a grill it dosen't come with any clips. They hold it to the frame. I bought all new clips and new toyota emblem. Alot better then 4 or 5 hundred bucks. I got all new cat and muffler and pipes, and it was costly. The cat was like $800 bucks with installation alone. I found a cheaper place but it was to far away from me. In a year and a half i spent like $6000 on my truck.

thanks man! i really appreciate the reply. where did you get the new chrome grille??? i asked my local toyota dealer and they wanted $400 for a factory new one. I also want to do a custom exhaust but not sure if i should go full or cat back? and i also want a lift, nothing crazy but i hear 3 inches is good? any advice?

Related Content You Might Like: