• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Another Colorado road trip

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
This time to the 4 corners area, staying 4 nights in Cortez, CO. We were visiting the Anasazi (oops, can't say that any more) ruins in Mesa Verde NP and Canyons of the Ancients NM. Lots of fun, but my recent knee surgery limited my hiking distance, and ability to climb around on stuff.

The Tundra ran perfectly, averaging 17+ MPG for most of the trip. Driving home from Cortez (over Lizard Head Pass) we averaged 19+ MPG--shocking! Speeds were 55-65.

So, Anasazi is a Navajo word that translates to: "Enemies of our ancestors". The current pueblo people (in New Mexico) took offense at that word, and petitioned the US Park Service to call their ancestors: "Ancient Puebloans" which is how they are now known as. Easily rolls off the tongue. Gotta be PC.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Sounds like a good trip. No surprise the Tundra ran perfectly!

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Our last visit to Mesa Verde was over 25 years ago. Lots has changed, including the park's popularity. Zillions of people, but we got there early and missed most of the crowds.

I forgot to mention that the Ancient Puebloans were haunting our Tundra when we were in Mesa Verde. The radio would NOT turn off; the seat memory system failed (got it going again later); and the engine stumbled a few times??? All returned to normal once we left the park. Very odd.

I forgot to mention that the Ancient Puebloans were haunting our Tundra when we were in Mesa Verde. The radio would NOT turn off; the seat memory system failed (got it going again later); and the engine stumbled a few times??? All returned to normal once we left the park. Very odd.
And you consider that "running perfectly"?

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
That experience was simply too odd to explain, especially since I don't understand what was going on. An anomaly? Maybe? But, yes, other than the Anasazi "ghosts" having their way with us, the truck ran perfectly--two full days of driving after that without any other odd stuff occurring.

Since we were on federal land, perhaps our gubmint was experimenting with some odd magnetic or sound waves to see what happened to the tourists. Good as any other explanation.

Last edited:

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I'd go have it checked out. Maybe there's a history of it in a computer they can look at. At the very least you can have it documented that there was an issue. Just like me with my intermittent tailgate lock that sometimes sticks. Eventually it might seize up and then I have documentation that I reported it.

Related Content You Might Like: