• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

alternator light and brake light came on at same time.

I have replaced the alternator but system still does not charge, and both lights are still on. I have checked fuses and brake fluid level all ok. Are there a wiring schematic for a 1994 helix 4wd with a 22re engine.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Yes, but I dont have one. There may be a fusible link that burnt when the alt went out. It would be between the battery and the alt. If you pull this wire off, then you can check it with a multi meter, or even easier, check the large positive conection at the alt with the engine off. You should have 12+ volts there. If not, then the charging wire is the issue.

69FJ-2.4LTRTDIESEL

100 Posts
The Helix alternator should have power to 4 terminals at the alternator (IG/L/S/B), the IG & L come from the ignition switchl & the S & B come from the battery per the following.

Main line is shown as Black wire from 100A alternator fuse (White wire from battery to connector with 2 wires tapped) goes to the alternator & to the fuse panel feeding Stop/10A, OBD/7.5A, Tail lts/10A, Power Out/15A, IG1/40A & AM1/40A fuses. The main feed Black wire to the "B" terminal.The second source is (tapped white wire @ battery connector) white wire from 7.5A fuse to the alternator on the "S" terminal. The "L" terminal to the combination meter on Green/red tracer fed from the ignition switch (IG 2). The "IG" terminal is to ECU-IG & Gauge fuse fed from ignition switch (IG-1) black w/ yellow tracer and taps to feed 20 amp fuse for the wiper.

The only place I see the two systems interconnected is at the power source (stop & charging) per the current flow chart. I would also check (first) the grounding points for the system and the alternator bc if ground not good it drives the system crazy. If you need the location of grounding poits I'll look them up later. If you search the internet "Helix Electrical Wiring Diagram" there is a PDF publication # DR114W that you can print or view (about 100 pages but very informative & includes trouble shooting etc. Good luck, hope this helps.

Bradley40504

1994 22RE engine? Like any alternator you can do a quick test with a big screwdriver or metal but obviously this is a potentially hazardous test that has to be carefully done, the center of the alternator pulley will be a strong magnet if its charging and ON, you can test if its magnetic with any thin metal and thats safer but with a big piece of steel you can feel more pull. If its a reasonable feel of magnetic pull turn OFF the power and try again.

If there is no magnet there, re check the fuse, take it out even if you did, has anyone wired in an alarm system or stereo?

jimmyjim

first thing i would do is pull off the battery terminal connectors, clean them and the posts with a wire brush. chiltons/haynes multi year manuals have wireing diagrams. however, toyota was famous for ignoring the color codes of their wiring harneses, so if you find yours match the book, say a prayer of thanks. otherwise. yeah, these other guys pretty much have it nailed. one other possability, the new alternator is faulty. sometimes a part gets zapped by a guy by accident, and also gets back on the shelf at the store.

Bradley40504

first thing i would do is pull off the battery terminal connectors, clean them and the posts with a wire brush. chiltons/haynes multi year manuals have wireing diagrams. however, toyota was famous for ignoring the color codes of their wiring harneses, so if you find yours match the book, say a prayer of thanks. otherwise. yeah, these other guys pretty much have it nailed. one other possability, the new alternator is faulty. sometimes a part gets zapped by a guy by accident, and also gets back on the shelf at the store.
Yes I used to work at Pep boys as a full line mechanic, and one car had 4 alternators? I kept putting them in and they'd come back bad after days or a week, the rebuilt ones were just painted and put back in a box. The usual fix for an alternator is super simple, a brush kit or carefully cleaning the stator thing, but have to take it apart. but anyway they sometimes give you alternators that fail.

jimmyjim

and if somebody gave someone a jump start, but connected the jumper cables backwards, that would blow the diodes.

Related Content You Might Like: