• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

AFE dry air filter

tundrabear

2010 Tundra with 5.7 - Anyone using the AFE dry air filter ? If so how do you like it. Don't really want to redo the whole CAI yet as only got 3000 on it! But thought I would go ahead and put in the filter when the stock one go Bye-Bye! Worth it or wait to install the whole CAI?

5.7yotafan

100 Posts
I'd wait and do full CAI, I have the volant with their new dry filter, you don't have to touch it for 100,000 miles supposedly! We'll see

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
Any dry flow filter is better one reason you don't have to recharge them second is it want dirty up your mass air flow sensor as quick if it was up to me I would get the dry flow. I want one for my taco but have seen any for the volant intake I have or any other comanies that make a dry flow to fit mine to help out with cai see if they make a throttle body spacer it will help you out some with the gas milage and better throttle response

I have not used a AFE dry filter yet, but I do know that if your truck has a mass air flow sensor right at the air box, a cold air intake can trash it! If you do get one, no need to clean it and oil it as often as they suggest, if you do clean it, don't use an excess of oil!!! Personally, I am still going to put a CAI on my 4Runner... this is my first Toyota so I'm not sure if it has MAF at the airbox, but I'm doing it any way.

Angie
GM Parts Dept. Consultant
95 4Runner

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
awesome post this help me learn valuable information

I have not used a AFE dry filter yet, but I do know that if your truck has a mass air flow sensor right at the air box, a cold air intake can trash it! If you do get one, no need to clean it and oil it as often as they suggest, if you do clean it, don't use an excess of oil!!! Personally, I am still going to put a CAI on my 4Runner... this is my first Toyota so I'm not sure if it has MAF at the airbox, but I'm doing it any way.

Angie
GM Parts Dept. Consultant
95 4Runner

Related Content You Might Like: