• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

A43d Oil Capacity

gene

Hi,

I'm changing the ATF this weekend, but starting with a normal change, just remove the oil-drain bolt, and refilling. I'm using synthetic Valvoline.

I've been looking, and although I can find the total capacity, I can't find the simple drain-and-refill capacity, I think it's about 3 quarts.

On a somewhat related topic, how hard would it be to add a later model A43D lockup to my tranny, or, another way to put it, could I install a lockup A43D to my Calif 91 pickup with 22RE? I know they made one in a later version.

Thanks!

Gene

Last edited:

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Total fill is 6.9 qts, service fill is 2.5 qts.
The concern I'd have with your plan is if the trans hasn't been using synthetic how well will synthetic and non-synthetic mix and perform?
The original specs call for dextron III, but any dextron III approved fluid should work ok.

gene

According to what I have read, elsewhere, the later Dextron should do fine, just like you can use synthetic oil in place of non-synthetic. Actually, my owners manual says use Dextron II, the synthetic I have is now Dextron VI

Total fill is 6.9 qts, service fill is 2.5 qts.
The concern I'd have with your plan is if the trans hasn't been using synthetic how well will synthetic and non-synthetic mix and perform?
The original specs call for dextron III, but any dextron III approved fluid should work ok.

Related Content You Might Like: