• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

A340 e 1995 t100

wetduc

With 261K on the clock the tranny is shifting hesitant. Did several flushes to no avail. Lucas helped but did not cure the shift problem. Have found a LOW milage A340E on the money. however it is out of a Twin Turbo Supra. Have spotted the off side starter area so I know will have to switch the bell housing. Otherwise does anyone know if this transplant is simple or do i need to find a T100 A340E ??

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Never tried a Supra A340E, always sourced them from trucks or 4 Runners. From looking at blue prints I found on line they look the same.

john505

Hey Wetduc- to be safe then sorry!, if i were you i'd go get a tranny out of an old T-100 first. Match it up to the specs in your truck now. I don't know if thats a good idea to use a car tranny in a truck. You are pushing a heavier vehicle in a truck then any car. Did you check into a tranny repair place to see if its worth fixing first? Check on Ebay motor parts for a T-100 tranny or a local junk yard. There are deals out there, you just got to search it out. Last year i found a 3.4 V6 T-100 motor with only 40,000 miles on it. So there are still parts out there you can find.

Last edited:

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
With 261K on the clock the tranny is shifting hesitant. Did several flushes to no avail. Lucas helped but did not cure the shift problem. Have found a LOW milage A340E on the money. however it is out of a Twin Turbo Supra. Have spotted the off side starter area so I know will have to switch the bell housing. Otherwise does anyone know if this transplant is simple or do i need to find a T100 A340E ??

Hi, any updates, Did you get this figured out? How did you fix the issue so far?

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts

Hi wetduc, any updates to your truck? Did you fix the issue so far?

Related Content You Might Like: