• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

A better view through the windshield: Mirror Riser

I am sure most of us Tacoma owners have noticed at one time or another that the rear-view mirror hangs so low and can block your view, especially off-roading or at traffic intersections. If you have not, well you probably will now that youre reading this.
Who knows what Toyota engineers were thinking, but a couple of crafty Tacoma owners have come up with a solution: The Mirror Riser.
There are two designs which essentially do the same thing: move that mirror up and out of your view. This allows for clear, unobstructed views through the windshield. I recently bought one, and could not be happier with the end result.

Check them out here: Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket (2nd Gen)

The CVRV Mirror Riser (2nd Gen)

Jesse

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Yeah. Nice upgrade. I think that a lot of people could benefit from having the rear view mirror raised.

I added the RAM ball to the mirror riser for my GPS.
I am very happy with the one I got from IMMRYO on TW. I am still getting used to having an open view through the windshield.

Jesse

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
That's a huge issue for me, I got in the habit of flipping the mirror upside down in any vehicle that blocked my view too much. That's a hazard of being at the upper end of human pencentileness.

keakar

well forgive me for stating the obvious but why do this? I mean kudos for those who created this as a solution but there are better ways to do it.

yes the mirror needs to be raised but.... its a lot easier to buy a replacement windshield block for the mirror, you glue it in place in seconds at the exact spot you want it to be and you completely eliminate any chance of the uneven leverage put on the windshield by these repositioning brackets that rely on using the original mount which in some cases caused the windshield to crack because of the leverage it puts on it.

why not just buy this and then there is absolutely no risk of a cracked windshield http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-4-Ru...-Bracket-/350953344351?_trksid=p2054897.l5660

Last edited:

rickoshay45

Because hundreds of satisfied customers say it works. No reports of windshield damage. Also my windshield has a matrix of paint dots right where the block would have to go making adhesion iffy. Plus I can put it back to stock in a moment.

Alden

Does anyone know if the mirror riser Bird Dawg Industries is compatible with the electric mirror? Could I try wrap the cable around the neck of the mirror?
Thanks in advance!

Related Content You Might Like: