• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

97 landcruiser check engine light - help

charlottetoyota

i have a 97 landcruiser, and the shop looked at the computer error and it said EGR valve. so they repaired all that, and 500 later, the light is still on. anyone know what else this could be? anyway to reset the light? any help would be greatly appreciated here.

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
if they fixed the problem looks like to me they forgot to clear the code but it could be somethng else i would go back to the shop you took it to and get them to check the code again and if its the same thing as befor they need to clear it but if it comes back again then they still haven't fixed the problem

BPTaco

What is the exact code? EGR flow or Malfunction? What you have to watch out for is carbon buildup in the tube, if its not cleaned out, the EGR will not work in spite of a new valve. I would also check the Transducer/Modulator which is responsible for providing the correct vacuum to the Valve. If the shop over looked that they did not fix the problem.

Related Content You Might Like: