• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

'97 4runner, S1000 Alarm System. Need A Wiring Diagram

Duckman

This is one of the cheap port- installed alarms that you have to set by turning the key 5 times and closing and opening the door 1 to 3 times. I'd like to put a switch to turn it on.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I've read a bit about these alarms. What do you want done with it?

Last edited:

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I found this on another site, and they said they found it on a 3rd site and copied it, so I'm just going to copy it myself.

Maybe you could add a remote to it?

The alarm unit is located under the driver seat. It has two plugin style connectors.
The alarm only unlocks and locks the doors.
The remotes are Egg shaped and Black only the gray remotes don't work.
I found the magic program button on the side of the unit, mine was hidden by the Zip tie that was used to secure the alarm unit to the floor. I ordered a remote off E-Bay single button non OEM $17.
Here is how I programmed it no dealer required or having to do a jig.
1. Put the key in the ignition and turn it on (do not start the car)
2. Push the driver seat all the way forward.
3. Go to the back seat behind the driver seat, and locate your alarm on the floor.
4. Find the magical green button on the side of the VIP S1000 alarm module. (with the wire connectors facing away from you, the button was located on the right side of the alarm)
5. Push in the green button for 2-3 seconds and release.
6. Very important: Within 30 seconds On your remote push the Lock button. (The lights on my vehicled cycled)
7. Go back and turn the key off and remove the key.
8. Close all your doors on your car and test your remote!
It's that simple! got to love it!

Last edited:

Duckman

Sorry it has taken me sooo long to reply. I don't know where to get a remote. What I really wanted was to get away from turning the key five times and closing the door three times to get the alarm to work. I also wanted to be able to leave the key in accessories position without the key warning alarm going off, so I could listen to CDs or flash drives while I work on the garage. I don't remember which wiring diagram( I have the factory manuals) I saw it on, but I found that I could unplug a two wire connector going to the ignition switch and the warning buzzer stopped going off. BUT, the alarm no longer functioned. I ran one of the wires from the connector to a toggle switch under the steering wheel. I turn it off and the key alarm stays off. I turn it back on and I can still use the alarm(turn the key and push the dome light switch on the drivers door three times). I lived in Austin for a couple years, some time ago.

Related Content You Might Like: