• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

96 T100 Leaf Springs

Shawn Cook

Hello everyone.
I need to replace my leaf springs on my 96 t100 extra cab 4x4. It has started sagging in the rear and I also carry a couple hundred pounds of tools in it on a daily basis and randomly tow small loads. Any recommendations?

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Your best bet would be try a local spring shop if you have one. They are experienced and will know exactly what needs to be done to get your springs back into good working order. Usually they are not that expensive. You may only need to re arch your original springs, repack, and add a leaf or two. Worth a shot first and go from there.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Yea Tibadoe probably as the best recommendation for you.
Other options are an Add A Leaf (AAL) which could also be sourced from a local spring shop, or a 63" Chevy spring swap, which would be more involved.
One thing I would caution, if you choose to just re-arch the springs, think about addition of an AAL, the reasoning for this is experience has shown me that the re arched springs won't retain the arch as long as they did from oem, the metal is fatigued and may flatten again quicker or begin to crack in places.

Shawn Cook

Thank you. I do feel that they should be replaced. They have had a hard life and the bushings are cracked and dry rotted. I have entertained placing new leaf springs and some sort of helper leaf. Any thoughts on those SuperSprings?

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I replaced leaf springs on boys '89 toyota. Also got a hernia when I slipped trying to twist out bushing..any how the new leafs did not make a whole lot of difference. We did the swap because he had a broken main leaf. These trucks springs have always been lame in my opinion. I would add a leaf along to existing springs. We also installed greaseable shackles when installing springs.

Lon Ross

I am putting Monroe Air shocks on a 1998 Tacoma. I would think they would be a great cost effective way to solve your needs. I am using Monroe MA727 air shock kit (see below) for 59 bucks.

I think they would fit your T100, but do your own homework before buying. NONE of the ebay sites will list any as a T100 or Tacoma fit, even though I know from help from other Toyota truck owners they fit my Tacoma truck. I also have a T100 and I believe they would fit fine on that as well as both trucks have a single horizontal stud mount shaft for top and bottom of the rear shocks. Good luck with your truck.

Monroe Max-Air Air Shock Absorber MA727 | eBay

Related Content You Might Like: