• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

96 Seat Replacement ~ Toyota T100 Driver's Side

T-100 DX

My drivers seat (60% portion) is torn. I don't want to upholster it new, but prefer to replace it with a seat out of 1997 or 1998. since they are hard to come by, what other single driver seat from a different Toyota's could be installed with minor modification. If the headrest could be tilted towards neck, it would be a very big plus, I can make a bracket if necessary. Your advice is appreciated. Thank you.
Also wondering if there is a T-100 club in the Bay Area or Sacramento area?

Attachments

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
If you can make a bracket, then you can put any seat you want in the truck. I once took a set of bucket seats out of a Pontiac Sunbird, and put them in a Nissan king cab. The guy at the junk yard said, those seats wont fit in there. I said yes they will, Im a welder. Seats are bolted or riveted to a bracket that is bolted to the floor. Remove the OE bracket from the OE seat, and make it fit whatever seats you want. Only issue is how wide the seats are. Will they fit in the space in the truck. I went to the junk yard a few weeks ago looking at seats for my 97 Chevy Silverado. Like you, my 60 drivers seat is showing ware. 265,000 miles and well there you go. Trouble is, my truck is a 3 door extended cab, so I have a back seat too, and nothing will match that short of the OE fabric. I can have it recovered for less than $500, including the top of the console, so I think thats what Im going to do. They can still get the OE fabric.
20190802_120807.jpg
20190802_085518.jpg
20190802_085549.jpg
20190802_085513.jpg

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I think you're going to have to look for an upholstery shop to do this work for you, or like Kenny said, find a seating unit (bench or buckets) that you like and have the brackets made for your truck so it will fit. Either way, you're not likely to find a good-quality OEM truck seat for a limited production Toyota T100 that's now 24 years old.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
You mentioned that you're in the Bay Area and/or Sacramento, so I just did a quick Google search and came up with these. Just a thought on this, it's the route that I would go myself.

T-100 DX

Hi Muddy,
thank you for your effort to provide Upholstery shops. It is $500+. I like to put my few skills (welding) together and adapt the T-100 bracket to the new seat. I am not familiar with Toyota cars that have reclining seats. I would think there would have to be two door sedans, maybe something like a Corolla? What models could you or anyone out there come up with? Ideally with adjustable headrest (that would tilt forwards).
Is there a T-100 club in the Bay area? Thank you.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Honestly I'd be stupefied if there was a t100 club anywhere. I think total they sold well less than 200,000 units over 6 years, where the other manufacturers sold probably a combined 12 million in that time.

Related Content You Might Like: