• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

95 Tacoma dies when you give it gas

Naked Buell

Hi guys. I'm new to the forum. I don't have a Toyota but I have always been a fan. My friend just bought a 95 Tacoma and it idles fine until you give it gas and then it dies. Does anyone have any info on what to check or if they have had this problem. Buddy is having a hard time and of course the one working on it probably doesn't know Toys like you guys. Any help would be great. Thx

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Welcome to the site, how many miles on this and what type of engine?

tarheel

There are a lot of possibilities, but here are my top of the head guesses:

- Could be a problem with your air filter. The Tacoma has a secondary charcoal air filter to reduce vapor emissions, and has been known to restrict airflow. If the primary is extremely dirty or clogged, it could reduce airflow even more and stall out on you.

- Could be a bad engine coolant Temp sensor.

- Check the compression of all of your cylinders, make sure there is no fault there.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Check for disconnected/leaking vacume lines along with all of the above items.
Also check to make sure the MAS probe in the intake is clean If not only clean it with sensor safe cleaner and never scrub it with any type of brush or rag.
Check the throttle body for blockage and cleanliness.

toyotasrule

100 Posts
I'm not sure. I usually go to a mechanic. I'm sure it probably is something with the gas line somewhere.

GregH

Yeah, my guess would be either something wrong with the air filter or the gas line. I'm not as mechanically inclined as I'd like to be. I know, however, one of my vehicles didn't accelerate because the fuel pump was clogged.

Related Content You Might Like: