• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

94 e-brake blowing fuse

rps7865

94 v-6 3.0 4x4. Ever since I had a remanned engine put in, whenever I pull the e-brake it blows a fuse and shuts everything down. The shop who did the job is now avoiding me like the plague. I traced the line and could not see anything wrong with it. Should the handle or line be grounded inside the truck somewhere?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Did you get this figured out? Sorry this sub-forum is slow right now.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Check the contact switch for the E-Brake, see if its making correct contact and not grounding out on something.
I've seen this happen before.

Loves2Ride

100 Posts
Where you ever able to figure out the problem? You've gotten a lot of good responses to help you trouble-shoot. I hope you no longer have the problem.

Yoda2

I'm assuming you've solved the problem by now. I hope...

I absolutely hate electronics problems in cars. It can be a real pain in the butt trying to follow wires and what not to figure out where problems are. And don't even get me started with computer chips and software. If I knew how to fix all these electronics problems I'd be a millionaire I tell ya. I'm willing to bet that's why the shop was avoiding you like the plague. I like to avoid electronics problems in cars like the plague as well, lol.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
94 v-6 3.0 4x4. Ever since I had a remanned engine put in, whenever I pull the e-brake it blows a fuse and shuts everything down. The shop who did the job is now avoiding me like the plague. I traced the line and could not see anything wrong with it. Should the handle or line be grounded inside the truck somewhere?

Hi rps7865, any updates, Did you get this figured out? How did you fix the issue so far?

Related Content You Might Like: