• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

'94 Aftermarket Led Headlight Instructions?

CowboyGP

Hello all -

I'm brand new to this forum, so forgive me if I'm posting a question that has already been answered.

I just bought a '94 pickup and the seller included a set of aftermarket headlights. There are no installation instructions. They are the type that have small LED bulbs in a semi-circle on each side of the main lamp.

On the back of each light, in addition to the typical 3-terminal plug, there are 2 wires. One red and one black. I have been unable to find any instructions on how to connect those wires.

This is my first Toyota truck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Hello all -

I'm brand new to this forum, so forgive me if I'm posting a question that has already been answered.

I just bought a '94 pickup and the seller included a set of aftermarket headlights. There are no installation instructions. They are the type that have small LED bulbs in a semi-circle on each side of the main lamp.

On the back of each light, in addition to the typical 3-terminal plug, there are 2 wires. One red and one black. I have been unable to find any instructions on how to connect those wires.

This is my first Toyota truck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Were these new hid lights? Do you have a make/model for them?

CowboyGP

Were these new hid lights? Do you have a make/model for them?
They are new. Still in the box, but there is no brand name. It's just a plain black box. No make or model on the lights themselves, either. There is a barcode sticker on the box. Beneath the barcode it says
4-H1007LE-2PB2
Fog Lamp

CowboyGP

My gut reaction would be you wire them to your orange running lights ? Have you tried installing them yet ?
No, I haven't. I'm still hoping to find some instructions. I'm not even sure they're intended for use as headlights, since the UPC sticker on the box says "fog lamps". They ARE the right size and shape to replace the standard headlights.

What would be the reason for wiring them to the running lights?

Thanks for the reply!

87Pickup

That way you can also drive with only the LED side "half moons" 'on' and the headlights 'off' during the day or at dusk and dawn. Depending on your light switch position.
But I am no expert on those sealed beams with LEDs - check by putting some power onto these wires. I assume they do not blow like ancient LED's by reverse polarity - check them both ways + and - one way they should work I hope. But I am no certified electrician. Let me know if that is the case.

87Pickup

Another option - could it be a Low Beam LED and High Beam Halogen ? Put them in without wiring the two extra wires and see if the High / Low setting works. .... (or call the manufacturer on Monday and get a proper explanation from them, in order to not damage the lights in any way with tests)

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I'm very curious if you got this worked out or not. Any updates?

CowboyGP

I'm very curious if you got this worked out or not. Any updates?
Not yet, but I haven't been working on it very hard. The lights were thrown in with the truck when I bought it. I figured it would be an easy install, or at least I could find instructions online. No such luck so far.

The stock lights are passable, but I live in a rural area where it gets VERY dark at night. So brighter lights would be great.

Related Content You Might Like: