• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

91 4x4 bed removal

den524

I just bought 91 4x4 and I need to repair a few places on the frame where rust has eaten it away. Is there any advice out there for removing the bed (tricks of the trade). Also, the brake line to the rear wheels is rusted along with the E- Brake cable. Any advice in this area as far as where to buy parts? Thanks

Dennis

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
How much rust are you talking about? Can you get some photos posted to your account?

den524

One of shackels broke free from rust and there are other areas that need some repair. Fabrication and welding is my profeesion so, I can completely rebuild sections of the frame if I have to. It has 118,000 miles on it and everything works perfect. Gave 1,000 for it. Not trying to make it a show truck, just functional. Thanks

5.7yotafan

100 Posts
Not sure if yours will be this way or not, but measure the gap between the bed abd cab before you remove it, some beds have slots instead of holes to bolt it down and you can put it on crooked. As for the parts, try trdsparks.com. They might have what you need or maybe local napa store.

Truckin

Where are you from? You asked about getting parts. Did you want to buy parts online and have them shipped to you or did you want to find a bone yard or a local dealer?

den524

I live in Newton, Iowa. The salt on the roads here is hard on vehicals. Whats the best place to buy parts online?

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I just bought 91 4x4 and I need to repair a few places on the frame where rust has eaten it away. Is there any advice out there for removing the bed (tricks of the trade). Also, the brake line to the rear wheels is rusted along with the E- Brake cable. Any advice in this area as far as where to buy parts? Thanks

Dennis

Hi! any updates, How did you get this figured out?

Related Content You Might Like: