• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

800+ mile road trip in new 2019 Tundra

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
We just completed a 5-day, 4-night road trip in our new Tundra. We headed South to Durango, then East until we finally wound up in La Junta to visit Bent's Old Fort. Stayed in Pagosa Springs, Trinidad, La Junta and Salida. It was a great little trip and we enjoyed it thoroughly. On 3 of the 5 days, we crossed over 3 high passes each day, most over 10,000 feet.

The truck ran and drove perfectly, and we averaged 17-18 MPG over the entire trip. Not bad for a big truck with a big engine.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
We just completed a 5-day, 4-night road trip in our new Tundra. We headed South to Durango, then East until we finally wound up in La Junta to visit Bent's Old Fort. Stayed in Pagosa Springs, Trinidad, La Junta and Salida. It was a great little trip and we enjoyed it thoroughly. On 3 of the 5 days, we crossed over 3 high passes each day, most over 10,000 feet.

The truck ran and drove perfectly, and we averaged 17-18 MPG over the entire trip. Not bad for a big truck with a big engine.
That's a huge improvement over the mileage i get in my 17.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
So, what kind of mileage does your '17 get? Just curious. Makes me wonder if there were any mods made by Toyota between '17 and '19 to improve the mileage.

Need to say that our average speeds on the trip were relatively low, ranging from 40-65, especially over those mountain passes. Going up Monarch Pass the mileage dropped to 11.3, but then went back up to nearly 16 on the down side. Plenty of power to pass slower vehicles too.

Would anyone be interested in a comparison between our old '15 Land Cruiser and the '19 Tundra? If so, I'll do this soon, before I forget things about the LC. At this point, both trucks have good and bad points, and IMHO, neither can be considered better than the other--just different.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I'd be interested in a comparison between the 15 LC and 19 Tundra.
I think there are a lot of factors, weight in vehicle, speed, terrain, etc..

On the Texas freeways when going 65+ mph i tend to get upper 15s to low 16s. If i pull back to 55 to 60 it goes up a lot. Maybe yo low 17s. But that's about it.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Maybe 2K? We had about 500-600 before this trip to SE Colorado and we just added 400 more on a trip to Moab, UT.

Related Content You Might Like: