• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

DFW TX 6th Floor Museum Dallas is Impressive. Good Road Trip Stop.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
If you're coming to Dallas area you really want to consider going to the 6th Floor Museum at Dealey (sometimes misspelled as Deally or Dealy) Plaza at the Texas Schoolbook Depository on Elm Street in downtown Dallas.

Tickets are very reasonably priced, between $12 for youth and $18 for adult per person. I really don't recommend this for a child under 10 due to the subject matter. They have an audio-guide device / headphones tour that was part of our tickets that is really informative.

Parking is onsite, we paid $12, tickets are time-slotted for a 30 minute window but on a busy day of you don't pre-purchase you run the risk of not getting in. So you buy a ticket that gets you entry between 4:00 and 4:30 PM, that way they have the ability to slow the flow as you need a few minutes at each station.

Brought my brother here. Still a somber place. I'll post more later.

This photo is one window away from Oswald's sniper's nest. Pretty crazy, the road layout is the same as it was in 1963.

20190809_163748.jpg

Turning to my left, it's the actual window that Oswald shot from with the same floor and recreation boxes.

20190809_163715.jpg

Last edited:

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I didn't know that the motorcade drove straight at the Texas schoolbook depository, slowed down and turned in front.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Seen pics in movies/shows but that's about it......very interesting indeed.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
This is a really interesting animation of the route that the presidential motorcade took. One must ask why Oswald didn't fire when the limousine was directly in front of him. Honestly I think there's no way he made both shots after they turned and started driving away.

Last edited:

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I took a 6 minute walkthrough video of the 6th Floor Museum so people can get an idea of what it's like and what they will experience.

Last edited:

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
You can watch the slomo video of the shots, that hit JFK, and you can tell that the bullets are coming from different directions by the way JFKs body is being impacted by the bullits.

Last edited:

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
So. I watched the documentary based on this 1992 book, "Mortal Error' and I have to agree that it's clear that it's possible that two different caliber bullets hit president Kennedy.

Here's a link to the book ...

The documentary on this was based on a book about the book.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Actually this is the link. If you get into this sort of discussion you'll like this documentary.

Last edited:

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
You can watch the slomo video of the shots, that hit JFK, and you can tell that the bullets are coming from different directions by the way JFKs body is being impacted by the bullits.
Plus the caliber that Oswald shot wouldn't have done the type of damage that we can see in the video. However a .223 would, and the secret service right behind them had .223 rifles, no one else would have.

one theory that has gained traction in recent years has a relatively straightforward storyline: The assassination of President John F. Kennedy was a tragic accident — not the work of a sinister gunman or a conspiracy to topple the king of Camelot.

Related Content You Might Like: