• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

5 Best Toyota Pickup Trucks Ever

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts

The
5 best Toyota pickup trucks ever are all those impressive Toyota pickup trucks that have attained something like legacy status in the company. These trucks are all stalwarts of Toyota's reputation of reliability. Many of them are either still in production or on the road in some form or fashion.

Toyota Tacoma. The Toyota Tacoma is the best Toyota pickup truck ever due to it having won the coveted Truck of the Year award in 2005. Said award was from the Motor Trend publication. A more compact pickup truck, the Tacoma is also designed to be owned by people who don't have or want to spend a lot of money on a pickup truck, but still need or desire the accouterments of a pickup truck. It has also gone through design changes called different generations of models.

Toyota Tundra. The Toyota Tundra is what some people widely taken to be the first import and full-size pickup truck that was built with an American audience in mind. This makes it land at number two on this list of the best Toyota pickup trucks ever. It also comes with a V8 engine, excellent for all those times you have the heaviest of heavy loads to carry around. The Tundra also was Motor Trend's Truck of the Year for two years: In 2000 and then again in 2008.

Toyota T100. This was a short-lived Toyota pickup truck from the years 1993 to 1998, but it deserves to land the number three spot on this list of the best Toyota pickup trucks. However, this truck was targeted at a special niche market of American pickup drivers: Those who wanted a little bit of a smaller truck that was more mobile and didn't feature a V8 engine or even an extended cab feature. In 1997, JD Power and Associates named it one of the top three vehicles in initial quality.

Toyota Hilux. The Toyota Hilux was discontinued in North America in 1995, but before then, the Hilux was a long-running pickup truck for Toyota. This Toyota pickup truck model was first produced in 1968 and ran for several generations of models, proving its longevity. In North America, the Hilux was actually renamed the 4Runner in the 1980s. The 4Runner is now a full-fledged SUV, proving how the Hilux has spawned another long-running Toyota pickup model.

Toyota Stout. The Toyota Stout was only a light pickup truck that Toyota made the first time all the way back in 1954, the reason that it snags the fifth spot on this list of the best Toyota pickup trucks ever. This is the classic of all classics in the line of Toyota pickup models because it featured a ladder frame chassis and 4-wheel drum brakes. This is where all of Toyota's pickups really started from, if you think about it.

Is there any other truck you know?

suncomb1

I disagree with your ranking and some of the descriptions / reasons. The first generation Toyota 4x4 trucks 1979-1983 were and still are high demand vehicles (statement is made not because I own one). They were the last "All Steel Trucks" (every model truck after that had plastic components: dash, interior trim, etc), they were easy to work on, had good power to weight ratios, were rugged and durable, and were reasonable to buy and maintain. The 1979-1983 Toyota 2WD trucks also did well for the same reasons. If you really look at it, this series of trucks really put Toyota on the map as far as truck sales. Before this series (1979-1983 Toyota trucks) Datsun and others were outselling Toyota by a very wide margin. Now people will say "They had a rust problem" and I say to these people you better look at all Tundras and Tacomas because most of them have rust problems including the new ones. The Toyota Stout and early Hilux trucks made sales headways for Toyota but not anywhere near the degree that the 1979-1983 Toyota trucks did. This series of trucks should be ranked number 1 because Toyota would most likely not be very strong in the truck business (or even in the truck business) if wasn't for the sales sucess of the 1979-1983 series trucks. Most likely, Toyota would not have developed the 4 Runner SUV if it wasn't for the sucess of the Winabago Trekker and other conversions (all based on the first generation Toyota 4x4 trucks). The 1979-1983 Trucks should not be lumped in with the Hilux name because early Hilux and later Hilux trucks are not the same both in quality, durability or value ( look at current selling prices).

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Many of us have different preferences, The things I have discuss about 5 best Toyota pickup trucks is what I prefer.

Either you disagree or not no problem to me...

Anyway you have posted a great response..

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Popular thread still.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

awonderingdawn

TTC Chicks
I have to agree that the Tacoma should top the list. It's by far been the best truck I've ever come across. My boyfriend owns one and it's always been extremely reliable and easy to drive. I swear the thing has never broken down, and I doubt that it will for quite some time to come. Just seriously a great, very well-made truck.

Huck Norris

I disagree with your ranking and some of the descriptions / reasons. The first generation Toyota 4x4 trucks 1979-1983 were and still are high demand vehicles (statement is made not because I own one). They were the last "All Steel Trucks" (every model truck after that had plastic components: dash, interior trim, etc), they were easy to work on, had good power to weight ratios, were rugged and durable, and were reasonable to buy and maintain. The 1979-1983 Toyota 2WD trucks also did well for the same reasons. If you really look at it, this series of trucks really put Toyota on the map as far as truck sales. Before this series (1979-1983 Toyota trucks) Datsun and others were outselling Toyota by a very wide margin. Now people will say "They had a rust problem" and I say to these people you better look at all Tundras and Tacomas because most of them have rust problems including the new ones. The Toyota Stout and early Hilux trucks made sales headways for Toyota but not anywhere near the degree that the 1979-1983 Toyota trucks did. This series of trucks should be ranked number 1 because Toyota would most likely not be very strong in the truck business (or even in the truck business) if wasn't for the sales sucess of the 1979-1983 series trucks. Most likely, Toyota would not have developed the 4 Runner SUV if it wasn't for the sucess of the Winabago Trekker and other conversions (all based on the first generation Toyota 4x4 trucks). The 1979-1983 Trucks should not be lumped in with the Hilux name because early Hilux and later Hilux trucks are not the same both in quality, durability or value ( look at current selling prices).
Good points on the early all-steel trucks. In my mind that's the truck that I think about first when I think about a "truck". There may have been advancements for the newer vehicles, but they're just keeping up with technology in the rest of society and other appliances and parts of our lives.

Brads94

I agree with this ranking. I’ve had a few 4 cylinder yotas over the years and they are very reliable and die hard worker bees. I’ve worked overseas and have had the benefit of seeing the Hilux still be the truck of choice in many parts of Asia

Related Content You Might Like: