• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

4Runner heated Cloth Seats

R4Nl

Can you purchase a 4runner with heated Cloth Seats? I would like heated seats but I'm not a fan of leather. Does this come as a oem option or only after market?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Pretty sure only can get heated seats in leather, the fabric is not a good conductor of heat.

Crazy8

Your only other option other than leather is getting a heating seat cover that plugs in. I have seen them before but they aren't cheap.

awonderingdawn

TTC Chicks
Actually I purchased heated seat covers for my 4Runner for about $45.00 on Amazon. They work great and plug into the car plug. Mine has adjustable settings as well. For the price, it was worth it for me.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
The heated "leather" seats in the SR5 Premium AND the Trail Premium are really a synthetic leather-like material called Softex (remember naugahyde?). They feel sort of like leather, but are a man-made material. Some folks like the stuff, but I thought they would be sticky in the summer, as they are NOT perforated/ventilated (with a fan).

The Limited does have real leather seats.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
A lot of manufacturers for cars, boats and rv's are no longer offering true leather anymore, it's just for the luxury vehicles. In fact, for my money it's better to get the synthetic stuff as they're stronger and more durable. Just stay away from the microfiber stuff that looks like leather, that stuff may or may not stand the test of time.

Related Content You Might Like: