• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

22re Smoking

marley119

Hello My 22re is smoking blue, I need reference, if anybody knows , of a mechanic or engine swapper with knowledge of this engine. Another question is , do I put a reman in or used . I also need a good source for this engine used or reman. I live at east end of long island thanks

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Welcome to the forum. As far as finding a used engine, could always start with the typical junk yards in your area. Most can do I search nationwide to see what's available. If no luck there, then search craigslist and ebay would be worth a shot. Sometimes you can score a whole truck that runs good but is being sold cheap because the body is rusted or rough shape. The good side is you will be able to test drive it, test compression, and verify it's in good running order. Can't help much on a good mechanic in your area. Keep us posted in what you find.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Hello My 22re is smoking blue, I need reference, if anybody knows , of a mechanic or engine swapper with knowledge of this engine. Another question is , do I put a reman in or used . I also need a good source for this engine used or reman. I live at east end of long island thanks
what vehicle is the engine in? How many miles? Other issues?

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
image.jpg

Having been through this I would have engine rebuilt locally. If you buy a rebuilt know what the make of gaskets and parts used. Cheapest rebuilt engine are using the cheapest inferior parts and gaskets.. USE OEM would be best.

My rebuilt engine blew a head gasket at 10K miles. Mechanic who replaced head gasket for me found assembly of rebuilt engine less than stellar.

I bought a '92 parts truck so I still have a spare perfect running 22Re in the garage.

Related Content You Might Like: