• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

22r Long Block

TowerDog92

So I am rebuilding my '81 22r. 2.4L G. Today I was searching parts and came across parts for a 22r long block. what is a long block? is there a short block? whats the reason its called a long block? and I guess im really wondering if I have the long block?!?!? its a '81, SR5, standard cab, 4x4, 5 speed, 22r 2.4L gas.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
So I am rebuilding my '81 22r. 2.4L G. Today I was searching parts and came across parts for a 22r long block. what is a long block? is there a short block? whats the reason its called a long block? and I guess im really wondering if I have the long block?!?!? its a '81, SR5, standard cab, 4x4, 5 speed, 22r 2.4L gas.
Yeah, the terms are very confusing as the terms long and short appear to be adjectives that describe the physical length of the block, instead of describing the state of the block. I grabbed this from cars direct ...

Short Block vs. Long Block Engines: Comparing Auto Engine Performance

A short block engine and a long block engine are two different engine states. While they are both the same in external dimensions, they differ in the amount of parts they contain. Both short block and long block engines are potential components to the best car engines.

Related Content You Might Like: