• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2022 Toyota Tundra will ONLY have V6 engine options

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Twin-Turbo 2022 Tundra

I've read this from a few sources. We can kiss goodbye to the Tundra's historic powerful and throaty v8 powerplants. Starting in 2022 Toyota's big pickup will only have V6 engine options in its lineup. While the MPG mileage from those of us who own V8 Tundras will be improved, there's a seeming loss of something when you move to only V6s. Let's see what they look like and how they perform when they come out.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
About a month ago or so, we had a meet up and cruse to a local car show. Im in my 97 Chevy. There were about 10 of is or so that did the pre car show cruse. Corvettes, classic muscle cars, and one 2018 F-150 that the owner turned into a lighting. It was a dual turbo V-6. He had it tuned and tweaked and was around 500 HP at the rear wheels. The truck was impressive to say the least. Straighting out the curves we got into a straight away. I cranked my Chevy to around 100 MPH, and He had no problem coming around me. Of course my Chevy has about 325 HP. A far cry from 500+. Maybe Toyota will have some better tuning options with dual turbos. By the way, Steve, all new post show as already read post when I log in even though I have not read them yet.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
From what I've read, the V6 that may be used in the new gen Tundra is the twin turbo V6 from the Lexus LS500 sedan. If not de-tuned, it may be a screamer.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Toyota has always lagged behind when it comes to tuning.
Which is why after-market tuners are doing a gangbuster business creating "tunes" for the Tacoma that increases HP, Gas mileage and improves the tranny shifting. I'll be driving to Denver this summer to get one of these "tunes" on our Tacoma.

Related Content You Might Like: