• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2019 Tundra Platinum vs. 2015 Land cruiser

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Last March we traded our Land cruiser for a new Platinum cuz we felt a truck would better fit our hauling needs since I sold off all my old Toyota pickups. Just couldn't work on all that old stuff any more. About that time I promised I would do a comparison of the two for those interested, so here it is, only about 10 months late:

Size: Land Cruiser--much shorter and more maneuverable than the Tundra.
Power: Land Cruiser--same drivetrain, but felt much more powerful (gearing?).
Road/wind noise: Land Cruiser--much quieter on the highway.
Highway comfort: Land Cruiser--softer ride, handled bumps much better. A real pleasure on the highway.
Highway handling in mountains: about equal
Interior comfort: Land Cruiser: better quality leather, better ergonomics, comfy seats
Sound system: Land Cruiser: still a JBL, but had fantastic, superior sound compared to Tundra
Entune: equal--they all suck
Front leg room: Tundra--just a couple more inches
Rear leg room: about equal
Hauling: Tundra--LC was terrible for hauling anything bigger than a couple of suitcases as 2nd & 3rd row seats were always in the way
Off road comfort: Land Cruiser--build for comfortable off-roading with a KDSS suspension plus lots of other off-road features
Off road visibility: Land Cruiser
Gas Mileage: Land Cruiser--consistently got 2-3 MPG better than the Tundra gets
Price: Tundra--you can almost buy TWO Tundras for the price of a Land Cruiser

That's all I can think of at the moment. Hey, it's a big truck compared to a truly luxurious SUV. Waiting to see the next gen Tundra.
After doing a real long road trip recently in the Tundra to Death Valley, I missed the comfort of the Land Cruiser. I felt hammered after a day driving the Tundra.
Ask for details on anything I may have forgotten.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Truck in mountains with a clown juggling chainsaws in the bed.

I know I saw pics posted somewhere.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Sorry to disappoint, but I have no pics like that. Sounds funny though.

Maybe Moab next weekend. I'll take a few pics while there if we go.

rethible

It's safe to say that you like your Land Cruiser better than the Tundra. I can't blame you for it. Driving a truck is not everyone's cup of tea especially that you are used to driving a SUV.

Related Content You Might Like: