• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2016 Toyota Reviews From 2015 State Fair Of Texas

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
So I'm at the "media day" for the 2015 State Fair of Texas which opens tomorrow I take it. The auto show here at the fair is world class, in fact one of heads of Toyota said that they consider this to be the largest auto show in the world as it lasts for an entire month.

Pretty cool, plus it opens right at the same time that the next year's models start to show up in the dealerships ... so people can come to the fair and get a look at just about anything that they want to see, get inside of it and put their hands on it ... all in a no-pressure environment.

I'll upload a few pics in no special order or anything in just a few minutes.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Toyota only had 25 minutes for their presentation! Very short this year, especially as they have the new 2016 Tacoma here in a lot of different formats.

I didn't catch this guy's name, but he's like a VP of Sales for North America or something..
20150924_090903.jpg
20150924_090904.jpg
20150924_090906.jpg
20150924_090922.jpg

If you've never been to the State Fair of Texas, and are able to get here in the next month, I would encourage you to! Toyota's got just about every vehicle here and tons of trucks in a variety of different layouts.
20150924_100229.jpg
20150924_100609.jpg
20150924_101406.jpg
20150924_101409.jpg
2015 State Fair of Texas

Toyota Only Pictures

Last edited:

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
More pics ...

This was at the Ram event, but they brought Easton Corbin in to sing a song about Ram trucks. I met him, seems like a great guy.

DSC_0006.JPG

Now back to the Toyotas, lol.

DSC_0016.JPG
DSC_0018.JPG
DSC_0023.JPG
DSC_0024.JPG
DSC_0025.JPG
DSC_0035.JPG
DSC_0037.JPG
DSC_0038.JPG
DSC_0044.JPG
DSC_0047.JPG
DSC_0049.JPG

Last edited:

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I'm sitting in the main automotive building right now, huddled around a Chevrolet "Plug. Charge. Chill." bench. SOMEHOW my laptop was dead this morning when I got here, fortunately I've been able to skip some of the presentations they have here for media folks and i'm now at 46% which should get me through the day.

WIN_20150924_12_14_53_Pro.jpg

However, my cell phone also did not charge last night so it got down to 15% and I do NOT have a good charger here with me, and these plugs they give you are so low-amp that they can just barely give you anything past break even.

I think the phone is now at 32% which is amazing, but it takes very good 4K video and I want to do some more walkarounds as the camera has good autofocus so I can do a walkaround video and then hop inside and show you guys the interiors as well.

Anyhow, such is life. It's really cool to be here though a day early.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
So the rest of the day is going to be spent by me half paying attention to the other vehicle manufacturers presentations, but mostly getting these videos up and loaded to YouTube and linking them here.

It's funny that Honda does not have a presentation this year, but I assume they have a space here. I'm going to hunt them down and see if they have the brand-new 2016 Honda HR-V (or is it HRV?) ... which actually looks like a very well made crossover, maybe a little bit underpowered for what it could be, but that's Honda right?

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Here's how the day went down at the

STATE FAIR OF TEXAS
PRESS DAY
SEPTEMBER 24, 2015
  • 7:30 to 8:30 - Media Breakfast @ Ram display
  • 7:45 to 8:15 - Texas Auto Writers Association Meeting (I'm not part of that yet, but I should be)
  • 8:30 to 8:55 - Ram Truck @ Ram display. Easton Corbin played a Ram truck song, I got a pic with him, pretty cool.
  • 9:00 to 9:25 - Toyota Truck @ Toyota display. They only gave us 25 minutes at Toyota! I stuck around and joined up later with the group.
  • 9:30 to 9:55 - GMC Truck @ GMC outdoor. Pretty cool, new Canyon Duramax Diesel.
  • 10:00 to 10:25 - Chevrolet Truck @ somewhere. I didnt bother on this, went back to Toyota to take pictures.
  • 10:45 to 11:30 - Ford Truck @ some distant parking lot! I missed this, was supposed to take a tram but I was at Toyota taking videos and pics.
  • 11:45 to 12:10 - Nissan Truck @ somewhere. lol, no clue where this was at. I'll head that way when I'm leaving to check it out.
  • 12:15 to 1:30 - LUNCH. I'm missing the free lunch trying to get my devices powered back up. I've got 30 minutes to head that way, it's usually a VERY good lunch. I need to lose weight anyhow.
  • 1:35 to 2:00 - Chrysler @ Auto building (that I'm in now). I'll probably check this out.
  • 2:05 to 2:30 - Fiat @ Auto building. No real interest, I'll get more pics and videos of trucks around here and skip this probably.
  • 3:45 to 4:00 - Chevrolet Test Drives @ Chevy Test Track. Did this two years ago with @tbplus10 and a few others from a different site. Why can't Toyota do this??? I'll check it out.
  • 3:30 to 4:30 - Hyundai Test Drives @ Coliseum Market Place. I'll stop by and see what they have, maybe I can get a video here, maybe not. I dunno. Hyundai is making some good products these days so I cant hate on them though.

Related Content You Might Like: