• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2015 Tacoma Tri Fold Tonneau Cover

Alextwin

has anyone else experiencing a problem with the Toyota tonneau cover, the last leaf latches are at the far edge of the rail barely holding on. My dealer refuses to put these covers on and has contacted Toyota to make them aware, last I heard is that Toyota has put a stop sell order for this cover until the problem is fixed. Anyone else have this issue. I'm going to wait for a fix. But are there any other good tonneau cover suppliers out there that someone can recommend.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
You're not kidding about Toyota knowing about this. They've taken it off their website and usually this is one of the biggest selling units.

Toyota Tacoma Accessories

I can't find any pics that I am sure are the OEM tonneau covers.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
has anyone else experiencing a problem with the Toyota tonneau cover, the last leaf latches are at the far edge of the rail barely holding on. My dealer refuses to put these covers on and has contacted Toyota to make them aware, last I heard is that Toyota has put a stop sell order for this cover until the problem is fixed. Anyone else have this issue. I'm going to wait for a fix. But are there any other good tonneau cover suppliers out there that someone can recommend.
Did this get any better?

toyotasrule

100 Posts
Isn't this backwards? Usually ain't Toyota factory stuff better built than aftermarket? Are accessories the exception?

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
FWIW, the same latch issue exists on the 2019 tri-fold Tundra tonneau cover. Hard to close, and it leaks like a sieve at the car wash.

I believe these are made by a sub-contractor, and not by Toyota. Regardless, they are a POS. My neighbors 10 year old Ford tonneau is MUCH better.

Related Content You Might Like: