• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2015 Gas Prices - Why are gas prices so low?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Just read this good article at the WSJ and it sums up a lot of good points as to why gas prices have go so low, but they don't go deep enough into the topic of the speculators who are buying and holding oil contracts, hopefully enough of them are losing their shirts right now that they'll be out of the game for a little bit.

http://blogs.wsj.com/briefly/2015/01/13/the-effects-of-lower-gas-prices-at-a-glance/

They are pointing back to other times in history when this happened, or when something similar happened, but in any case they also can't fail to mention that Russia is imploding and having a fiscal crisis right now as well.

Why are gas prices so low? IMHO, who cares, they're low, take advantage of it!

TDave

100 Posts
I just read about some oil/gas provider going out of business due to the oil economy. I thought it was strange that they'd go out of business so quickly when gas hasn't really been all that inexpensive for very long.

I'll have to look up the name. Can't remember it right now.

georgebb

Just read this good article at the WSJ and it sums up a lot of good points as to why gas prices have go so low, but they don't go deep enough into the topic of the speculators who are buying and holding oil contracts, hopefully enough of them are losing their shirts right now that they'll be out of the game for a little bit.

http://blogs.wsj.com/briefly/2015/01/13/the-effects-of-lower-gas-prices-at-a-glance/

They are pointing back to other times in history when this happened, or when something similar happened, but in any case they also can't fail to mention that Russia is imploding and having a fiscal crisis right now as well.

Why are gas prices so low? IMHO, who cares, they're low, take advantage of it!

Just came across this now. It's strange when I think abt it, in some foreign countries prices are really high. I guess aside from the general economy, maybe we should also consider political climate as another basis for low/high gas prices (they probably have high taxes for gas? whoever is in power). Well yeah, just be thankful it is low.

Related Content You Might Like: