• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2014 Tacoma 4X4 steel wheels on 97 T100 - lug nuts ???

Mason

HI all -

I have a 97 T100 SR5, but this is more a question about lug nuts for base OEM steel wheels on a 2014 Tacoma! I am temporarily switching out the 6 lug OEM alloy wheels from my T100 with base OEM steel wheels from a 2014 Tacoma 4x4. The OEM T100 alloy wheels are in rough shape and I'm going to try my hand at refurbishing them.

Anyway, my question is about the proper lug nuts to use for the Tacoma steel wheels. The T100 alloy wheels us a mag-style nut. I bought the Tacoma wheels 2nd hand, and they didn't come w/lug nuts. I figured basic steel wheels have a conical seat, so I'll just get some acorn nuts. Easy enough, BUT... the plastic center cap is a problem. All acorn style nuts I find do not have fitment that holds the plastic center cap in place. The mag style nuts that are on my T100 **DO** hold the center caps on the Tacoma wheels and are the ONLY style nut I find that will serve to both secure the wheel and the center cap (w/o damaging it).

HOWEVER... From what I read mag seat nuts are NOT a correct application for basic steel wheels w/conical seats (like the 2014 Tacoma wheels) and are not safe to use... ???

What was the standard issue lug nut on the 2014 Tacoma 4x4 base with steel wheels and a plastic center cap ??

What am I missing ?

I've attached a sample picture of the exact type of Tacoma wheels I'm trying to fit to my T100.

Any and all help appreciated !

Attachments

Related Content You Might Like: