• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

*2012 highlander brake lights problem*

Gerry

i already checked the fuse, brake switch, bulbs, stop relay switch, bulb's pins(no corrosions & have good contact) all are fine even the 3rd light is working only the brake lights is not.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Tail lights work but brake lights do not work. What happens when you press the brake pedal?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
no brake lights but the 3rd brake lights on the roof works.
ok, so if at least one brake light works then you can rule out a lot of things to a certain point. Look for a ground that's lose, electrical issues are never fun at all.

Also, i'm not sure on the Highlander but most vehicles have the 3rd brake light on a different fuse. Go ahead and replace the fuse, they're sometimes hard to see if they actually go out. Past that, get a current tester / multi meter and check to make certain that you have current at the brake light bulb sockets. Get someone to press down the brake pedal.

Gerry

ok, so if at least one brake light works then you can rule out a lot of things to a certain point. Look for a ground that's lose, electrical issues are never fun at all.

Also, i'm not sure on the Highlander but most vehicles have the 3rd brake light on a different fuse. Go ahead and replace the fuse, they're sometimes hard to see if they actually go out. Past that, get a current tester / multi meter and check to make certain that you have current at the brake light bulb sockets. Get someone to press down the brake pedal.
only 1 and the same fuse for the 3rd brake light and the regular left and right brake lights. this problem is eating me out. no toyota tech in the group?
i'll be checking the bulb sockets for current.

Gerry

no current on the bulb terminal with brake pedal down.

Related Content You Might Like: