• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2011 Highlander - Change Fog Light to Driving Light

mitchelt

It appears my wife is correct, I'm getting old and my eyes are not as good as they used to be at night. :(

Does anyone have some advice / suggestions for changing the fog lights on a 2011 Highlander to more of a driving light that would supplement the low beams and actually light up some distance instead of the fog lights that obviously do their job up-close?

I'm cautiously assuming it's the reflector that affects the beam and just changing the bulb won't do it.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
It appears my wife is correct, I'm getting old and my eyes are not as good as they used to be at night. :(

Does anyone have some advice / suggestions for changing the fog lights on a 2011 Highlander to more of a driving light that would supplement the low beams and actually light up some distance instead of the fog lights that obviously do their job up-close?

I'm cautiously assuming it's the reflector that affects the beam and just changing the bulb won't do it.
Sorry, I've only updated headlamps to be hid and not done a fog light project before. Maybe someone has. Are you looking for general distance help at night? A wider spread across the road?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I watched part of this. The year break is 2014+ vs previous years. Might be worth watching all the way.

mitchelt

Sorry, I've only updated headlamps to be hid and not done a fog light project before. Maybe someone has. Are you looking for general distance help at night? A wider spread across the road?
Correct...better distance at night.

Can you please let me know what you used to update your headlamps and if you had any issues? Am I crazy to worry about melting anything...I did want to upgrade my headlights also but I am hesitant.

Related Content You Might Like: