• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2009 Tundra Towing Mirrors

cwg

For the first time in 3 years today I attempted to pull my tow mirrors out to the expanded position. Passenger side was no problem but the driver's side only moved approximately 2 inches and will not come out any more nor will it go back in. Has anyone else experienced this and what is the best remedy for this issue?

LoveTaco

100 Posts
Hi cwg, welcome to these site,

Here is are step on to replace the towing side mirror. Hope this may help.

mirror.JPG

First remove the door panel and once the door panel is removed you'll see three nuts and the wiring connector.

mirror 02.JPG

Next step Unplug the connector , and remove the 3 nuts , being careful not to drop them into the door. Don't worry if you don't have help holding the mirror while you do this , because they will not fall off.

Once the nuts are removed go to the outside of the door and gently , but firmly wiggle the mirror out and install the new one , tighten snugly and reconnect the wiring plug .

mirror 020.JPG

Then check your turn signal and parking light to be sure it works correctly . Snap the panel back on , and do the same to the other side .

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
[MENTION=4239]cwg[/MENTION] welcome to the club..

you watch this video

[video=youtube_share;-0IrB5gtTSU]http://youtu.be/-0IrB5gtTSU[/video]

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Is this something that you need some WD40 for, or is there something mechanically blocking it from coming out any further [MENTION=4239]cwg[/MENTION]?

cwg

No I feels as if it is catching on something. I did force it o go out but it will not go in past the same point it got stuck when being pulled out. Can not see anything so I am at a lose.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Related Content You Might Like: