• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2001 Sequoia with 13WL calipers?

mtnman82

My son has a 2001 Sequoia which we replaced the rotors/pads with Brembo parts all the way around two summers ago. Last summer we put the Monroe quick struts/shocks on and right after the brakes started squealing like a stuck pig. Very hard to tell if it's the front or rear squealing. We replaced the pads, even though they didn't need, but it still squeals. We decided to replace all the pins/clips and lube everything up good this summer. I ordered all this hardware but after taking apart front brakes it appears the pins/clips I ordered are not the correct parts. After cruising the interweb for a while it would seem the truck came stock with the SW13E calipers and somewhere along the way the front brakes were upgraded to the 13WL calipers.

Wondering which year Sequoia or what Toyota vehicles came with the !#WL calipers so I can order the correct hardware kit/parts?

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
I believe that early (2001-2002) Tundras (and likely Sequoias) could come from the factory with either of those front rotors. Take a look at the parts listings in Rock Auto for 2002 Tundra (what I owned).

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
My son has a 2001 Sequoia which we replaced the rotors/pads with Brembo parts all the way around two summers ago. Last summer we put the Monroe quick struts/shocks on and right after the brakes started squealing like a stuck pig. Very hard to tell if it's the front or rear squealing. We replaced the pads, even though they didn't need, but it still squeals. We decided to replace all the pins/clips and lube everything up good this summer. I ordered all this hardware but after taking apart front brakes it appears the pins/clips I ordered are not the correct parts. After cruising the interweb for a while it would seem the truck came stock with the SW13E calipers and somewhere along the way the front brakes were upgraded to the 13WL calipers.

Wondering which year Sequoia or what Toyota vehicles came with the !#WL calipers so I can order the correct hardware kit/parts?
How bad is the squeeling? is it all the time?

mtnman82

Was squealing most of the time. I ordered a bunch of the associated hardware from Autozone and it would up being incorrect - I assume for the other smaller calipers. OReilly has pads/hardware called out for both calipers on the 2001 Sequoia. I wound up getting all new hardware (pins/bolts/etc), greased up all metal to metal contact points with brake/caliper grease. Also got ceramic pads all the way around from OReilly, the kind with the fiber/multi layer anti squeal shims on the back. The clerk said those pads don't use any anti-squeal spray or coating so I installed them dry. He's only driven it 3 days but so far no squealing. He also made a comment that the braking feels better and buttery smooth.

Related Content You Might Like: