• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

2000 Tacoma low speed shake !!!!!!!!

mikey117

2000 Tacoma SR-5 extra cab, Low speed shake starting around 25 mph & gets alot of shake 30-45 mph, Toyota said bad tire,had them all replaced by goodyear they rebalanced and they greased u-joints which they said where dry and it helped some now it is really back, they said it may be in drive train. I bought
the truck used and I think the front drive shaft has been replaced it just looks newer then the rear shaft.
I read ever ones same problem and my drive shaft bearing also has some play but dose any one know how much is to much, I sort of think it may be there balance/u-joint/bearing can anybody give me directions
on which way to go or am I CRAZY !!!

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
How bad is the vibration? front end or steering wheel shake?

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
tme the ront drive shaft shouldn't have any play in it. have you check the cv joints, also check the tie rod ends, wheel barings and sterring linkings. if its a auto trans you might want someone to check the torque converter that can make the whole truck shack when it goes to shift. oh yea look at the sway bar and make sure it isn't bent or in a bind some how

Related Content You Might Like: