• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

1996 T100 (240899 miles) TPS sensor CODE

Josh95

O2 sensor code came on for 3 days then GONE ==> 3 weeks later: truck stalled & couldn't start back on ==>towed it to the nearest shop: replaced TPS sensor, cleaned throttle assembly, spark plugs & wires, and valve cover gaskets (saw 2 plug connectors by the TPS and it wasn't connected to anything see attachments; asked the mechanic and they couldn't tell me; please help identify it) ==>it was driven good for about 60 miles then CEL came on with the TPS code ==> replaced TPS with part from the local auto part; cleared Code (didn't know to reprogram TPS) and test drive, CEL came back ==> towed back to the shop: they cleaned the throttle assembly again, replaced the battery, TPS and reprogram it; they kept it for 2 weeks b/c the same TPS Code problem; FINALLY THEY ADMITTED THAT THEY ARE OUT OF IDEAL! ==>I drove the truck home: it was good for the first 40 miles driving about 65-70 MPH ==>ECL quickly flashed and the truck had a quick hesitation then drives normal ==> 10 minutes later ECL came on with more frequents and the truck surging, hesitating and the engine seems to lose power ==> Had it towed home to a different shop: Replaced the ECM (used one) ==> the truck was driven good for three days about 160 miles then the CEL with the TPS came on again ==>today, I learned how to cleared and reprogram it from Youtube. So far it drove well for about 40 miles today.

What could cause this TPS problem and my next steps to fix it? Please look at the attachment and help identify the hanging power plugs. I think this might have something to do with this problem.

Overall the truck is in great shape and I don't want to chunk it.

Please help and many thanks in advance!

Attachments

Josh95

I went to two Toyota dealer parts departments and they couldn't tell me either.
Can anyone out there has a 1996 T100 Sr5 and check your truck engine to help identify these two cables?

Bruder_Buck

I went to two Toyota dealer parts departments and they couldn't tell me either.
Can anyone out there has a 1996 T100 Sr5 and check your truck engine to help identify these two cables?
I have the same engine - eeeh, if we talking about the 3.4 liters V6? Can you give me an additional overview picture of yours?

I look into my motor and check, where this pluges are and if they plug in anywhere.

Josh95

Hi Buck,

It's the same engine that you have. One plug is tied to the TPS sensor itself (picture 5194) and the other one is by the driver side of the engine(5217 & 5222).

Thank you so much and any information.

Three days ago, I took it to the dealer to have them check out these issues. Here is the summary of what they had done:

1. Throttle position sensor circuit malfunction => They have to re-calibrate and program it. I don't know why the other shop couldn't do this(lesion learns not all shops are equal... I used them b/c it was closest for the towing)
2. The two plugs are for the EGR switch valve and EGR temp sensor
* The kicker is that they said my engine doesn't have an ERG system and it's for a different model.
* I brought this truck brand new... and the engine never has any major work done to it other than what was listed on the first post. I'm at loss with this explanation.
* They said the truck will run fine the way it is and the engine is still in great shape.
3. They test drove it and said it's good.

I took the truck home today but will have to wait and see how it runs in the next few days.

I will update the truck situation in a few weeks. I hope we can all learn from this experience.

Related Content You Might Like: